Insurance question

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

GDOUBLEU

Insurance question

Post by GDOUBLEU »

hey...

so our insurance broker has told us that none of the companies they represent for will provide us with fire and theft on a "vintage motorcycle"...the three cars are with ING and we get a great rate through them. (example: the MG has COLLISION and i pay a mere $125/year)

since we may have three "vintage motorcycles" on the road next year...we need to find a place that can provide us with some reasonable coverage.

(we have the vespa appraised btw)

thoughts?

g
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Hey G,
I have full coverage on my 2 scooters. I used a company called Baker insurance years ago and they WERE great. Since then the company merged with ING, but nothing changed as far as coverage because they grandfathered the policies that came along with the deal. Here's the fun part. If for some reason my insurance lapses due to me Screwing up, my policy will die and I will be on the street with everyone else. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to handle the 3rd bike when it comes on board...

have a safe trip

Cheers
A
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Hit up the hot rod and classic car clubs. If there are companies willing to insure a 52 studabaker, I'm sure at least one of them would be willing to add Vespa's to their list.

I would think most of the Classic car isurance companies would not insure a daily driver though and would require regualar odometer readings to prove it.
GDOUBLEU

Post by GDOUBLEU »

thanks guys...this sucks. i'm considering opening my own insurance company just for vintage vespas/lambrettas...

anywhoodle, i'll suss out the other "classic" clubs to see what they're up to insurance-wise and i'll let you know what i find out. just fyi, we had good coverage last year but they said they wouldn't renew it...hopefully that doesn't happen to you angelo.

ciao...

g :?
GDOUBLEU

Post by GDOUBLEU »

just fyi, the calgary guys go with a company called "blue circle"...i've put in a call to them and i'll let you know what they come up with.

fingers crossed....

oh, and we're off this afternoon to tdot to pick up the special 50...exciting!!! :D
GDOUBLEU

Post by GDOUBLEU »

just fyi...

i got a quote from blue circle...they're pretty good and they're in negotiations right now with their vintage program (which will only improve the rate). I've been quoted $487/yr for the P200 (it's appraised at $6000) and she said it would be more like $300/yr under the vintage program when they get it up and running (likely within the month I'm told). Anyhow, the best ours could do was $750 (liability, fire and theft)...this is a huge difference.

anyway...just thought i'd let you know what i found out.

g
redbike

Post by redbike »

then you probably don't wanna know that I pay about 350 for the GTS...
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

$350 with who, what does it cover, and what's your deductable?
All hail Emperor Kang!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

LibertineAudrey wrote:$350 with who, what does it cover, and what's your deductable?
Remember Audrey that with AGE comes cheap insurance.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Yes Audrey with age you get good rates, but with age you get alot of other niceites that you have no control over!
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

Yeah, at my age, not all gas is air...I'll check. My sweetie looks after all of this stuff :wink:
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Actually mine's not far off that, it would probably be lower if I had fewer speeding tickets. I have been driving accident free for 8 years, I rock. ^_^
All hail Emperor Kang!
nocattle

Post by nocattle »

LibertineAudrey wrote:Actually mine's not far off that, it would probably be lower if I had fewer speeding tickets. I have been driving accident free for 8 years, I rock. ^_^
Well, "I never hit a girl I didn't like." :twisted:
giddyup