The road North...

Local and distant events

Moderator: Moderators

Angelo

The road North...

Post by Angelo »

Audrey/Kevin/Jeff/Dale,
I'm sitting here at home wondering if you guys got home safe. The road north was nuts today with trailers and SUV's. I believe that you were taking 2A back home and I feel that was a wise decision. I hope all went well and I raise my glass and Toast Kevin and Jeff for accompanying Audrey on 2 wheels and also the support crew.

Cheers
Angelo
Last edited by Angelo on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Whizzer

Post by Whizzer »

Got in to Red Deer about 3:30 and no troubles up from Calgary on 2A. We averaged 80 to 85 KPH most of the way.Hope the rest of the trip north went just as smooth. Thanks for the ride.
Dale
Haynes manual + tools=danger
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

We made it back safe and sound, or I did at least. I split from the group at cooking lake. Everything went okay, other than some drivers were very irrate when they passed us (oh well, suckas!) and we got a little lost near leduc and ended up on some not-nicey nice gravel. We made it through okay, and I only felt like I might drop my scoot in it once! But I didn't! Yay! I also went a lot slower than Jeff and Kevin though.

We passed one Maxi-scoot in a small town, the rider was grinning and waving as we passed, that made me happy.

I'm exhausted now, but all is good.

Thanks again to my homie-support drivers and my homeslices on the fly wheels who rode back with me.

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Are we home yet? :P

I'm glad to help with the support of the riders. I don't think I've driven that slow on a highway before. It was worth it ... just for the double takes the motorcycle riders did after passing our little caravan.

Thanks Kathy for hauling the trailer all the way to South Cooking Lake. Probie is back in her parking stall at home.

Angelo, the SWASS was high, but we survived.

Now it's time for bed to dream about Kelowna rally.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

Well, I wouldn't have missed that ride for the world, great companionship and the sky was ever-so-blue. What a blast! Who would have thought a 65 vbb, and a smally Allstate (and a GTS honking to pass) could make it from Calgary to Deadmonton! A big thanks to our support drivers you ladies rule! Big props go out to Whizzer for shepparding our bizzare little convoy all the way to Red Deer. I am glad we got Trev's bike home for him and that Audrey didn't have to go it solo. What a fun club to belong to. I love you guys! *hugs all around. Peace out!
I was a mod before you was a mod.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

jeffthemod wrote: could make it from Calgary to Deadmonton!
I'm pretty sure I still hate Edm refered to Deadmonton :?

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I'm note sure everyone in Edmonton is aware but Trevors Vespa Died in Calgary, it will need work, hopefully it will all be sorted before Kelowna. I bring this up for no other reason but to bring up the fact that the lone Lambretta in Calgary did not break down, so Trevor choose your words carefully in the future, remember I'm connected!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

- Dustin Kott-