new scoot

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Andrew

new scoot

Post by Andrew »

Just as I was getting used to the idea of managing in rainy Victoria without a garage, having sold my Zündapp Bella and my R100, and purchased a plastic-clad 170 cc SYM scooter (HD 200) that I did not mind leaving outdoors in all weather (will post pic later), I found a garage to rent close by... naturally.

So now I have an old Yamaha DT175 with a street-legal registration awaiting transplantation of the front end, engine, and swing arm from a 1996 RT180 dirt bike. I do like that 2-stroke mojo! Eventually, I will find a good vintage scooter now that I have a dry place for it. Not too many for sale here on Vancouver Island... And maybe a collector car as well, as all of that should just fit in over the winter, with a bit of jigsaw work.
Last edited by Andrew on Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Excellent news about the garage. No way you can buy your Bella back?
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I don't think so -- Ralph had wanted one for years. I will look for a Heinkel or an IWC, both of which are a bit bigger and more robust than the Bella.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I don't think so -- Ralph had wanted one for years. I will look for a Heinkel or an IWL, both of which are a bit bigger and more robust than the Bella.
https://www.classicdriver.com/en/bike/i ... 961/526035