New Scooter Shop coming soon to downtown Edmonton

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Paul S

New Scooter Shop coming soon to downtown Edmonton

Post by Paul S »

I was talking to the new owner of Alberta Cycle and he is working on opening a new scooter shop across from downtown Grant MacEwan Campus. It will be called District Moto and will sell scooters, electric bikes and will be a food and coffee place as well. He says it will be unlike most scooter shops.

He hopes to open in about 2 weeks. He would like to open the store for us around Sunday July 14th for our regular Sunday meeting if that works for people. He may not have Sunday hours right away but would open up for us special that day. Date is a bit TBD depending if construction keeps on schedule.

The shop is on the corner of 107 St and 104 Ave. Across the street to the east of Happy Harbour Comics and it faces the main doors of Grant MacEwan and their clock tower.

Also, every Thursday from 5-8pm Alberta Cycle does a bike meet-up with a BBQ, demo rides, and an organized ride somewhere. Monica and I went tonight but missed the ride. They had a Vespa GTS 300 out to demo ride. We will probably be back again next Thursday.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

That sounds very cool. I'd love to check it out.
Paul S

Post by Paul S »

From Richard, the owner of AB Cycle and the new scooter shop.

"Also, I was thinking about doing a sneak preview night if you guy would be interested,

Maybe the evening of July 12th? We could meet at Alberta Cycle for bike night and ride to the new store? Let me know if you think there would be some interest"
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Sounds good to me.
Paul S

Post by Paul S »

So I went to AB Cycle Bike Night last night and even went on the group ride testing out their GTS 300.

Richard says that the official opening of the shop is going to be July 18th. It is mostly set-up right now but he is finalizing his food items and local coffee source. He says there are about 8-9 Vespa's in there right now and some accessories.

He is still on for giving us a preview of the shop next Thursday, July 12th. Meet at AB Cycle for the free BBQ at 6pm. We will ride as a group to the new shop. Not sure exactly what time we will leave or arrive at the new shop though. The group ride leaves around 7pm so likely it would be shortly after that when we leave.

He would also like to host us for our July 15th meeting. just let me know what time you want to meet there and I will pass that on to him.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I'll all for supporting the shop but going there on the 12th, 15th and 18th is too much. Pick one and we'll be there.
Paul S

Post by Paul S »

The 18th was just when they officially open. I wasn't suggesting we meet then, just an FYI.

How about we do our Sunday meet-up there on July 15th at 10am? That sounds like the most simple option.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Works for me. Thanks.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I might be tied up with family. Please post the info in another post for Sunday's meet: time, location, etc.