Australian Scooterist in town August 4-6th

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Paul S

Australian Scooterist in town August 4-6th

Post by Paul S »

I received this message through Facebook:

"Hi Guys, I am in Nisku for 4 days from 6th August, currently in Uk riding Vespa & Lambretta but still a member of Paradise Lost Scooter Club in Perth Australia. anything happening those evenings?"

I told him that we would chat and come up with something. I will find out where he is staying in Nisku and what nights he has free. He is here from a Monday to Thursday.

I found an album of photos of their club: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Photography ... 3149876535

Any ideas?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

We could organize a ride. I/somebody could lend him a scoot.
Paul S

Post by Paul S »

I just got a message from our out of town scooterist, Keith Holmes-Brown.

"Hi Paul, I am staying at the Hampton by Hilton on Emerald Drive in Sherwood Park. Get in Monday evening so if you are around and fancy catching up Tuesday evening would be best for me . If nothing else just a beer and a chinwag and I have a few stickers and badges for you if you want."

I've asked what time works for him Tuesday night and if he can travel or if we should meet him at his hotel. No word back yet. I am confirming if he is in town this week or next (I'm assuming it is next week August 6th he arrives and August 7th he would like to meet up with our club).

Who plans to come out and any ideas of where we should meet if it isn't at the hotel?
SebringMike

Post by SebringMike »

I'm around, and happy to meet up for a ride/beer.
Mike
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Ditto!

(Pass on the beer though -- I'm a half-drink drunk, sigh)
Paul S

Post by Paul S »

Hi,

Keith got back to me. He is in town next week August 6/7th.

"I won't have any transport as I am getting picked up to and from the office each day and my company are a bunch of tight arses so would get all upset if I get a hire car".

He is staying at Hampton Inn by Hilton in Sherwood Park (950 Emerald Drive, Sherwood Park).

I asked if around 6:30/7:00pm would work for him (waiting to hear back but I imagine h will be available after 5ish). He said he could take an Uber if we want to meet him somewhere.

Any suggestion on where we should meet? There isn't a restaurant/lounge in this hotel but there should be options in the vicinity.
Paul S

Post by Paul S »

Keith is in town today and would like to meet-up with the club tomorrow night (Tuesday August 7th). He says 6:30 or 7:00pm works for him. There isn't a restaurant or lounge in the hotel so where should we meet him?

Let me know and I can send him a message to confirm. He is staying at Hampton Inn by Hilton in Sherwood Park (950 Emerald Drive, Sherwood Park).
SebringMike

Post by SebringMike »

There's not too much around that hotel. The closest sit-down places (not fast food) appear to be...

Smashburger at #530, 5000 Emerald Dr... appears to be a beer and burger joint. Never been there, so I cannot comment on atmosphere/quality. 8 minute, 700 meter walk from hotel.

Average Joes at #240, 390 Baseline Rd... a sports bar. Average food and atmosphere. 3km, 40 minute walk from hotel.

Local Public Eatery at #360, 222 Baseline Rd... a pub/restaraunt. Pretty good food and drinks. 4.5km, 60 minute walk from hotel. The last time I was here, it was pretty good. This would be my recommendation.

Anybody else with recommendations for Sherwood Park?

Mike
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I checked my map and all it said was: "Here be dragons." You chaps pick and I'll be there.
Paul S

Post by Paul S »

We asked friends from Sherwood Park about a quiet place to meet and they suggested Oscars Pub (5.6km from hotel). It describes itself as "Authentic British Pub in Sherwood Park, Alberta."

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Oscars+ ... AB+T8H+0W6
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I'll go wherever you say but the words "authentic British Pub" sound pretty scary to me...
Paul S

Post by Paul S »

Let me know what the decision is. I should send Keith a message this morning or early afternoon. Are people good with 6:30pm?
SebringMike

Post by SebringMike »

I'm fine with Oscar's at 630PM... what's the worst that could happen?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Good for 6:30. Should I bring a car and pick him up?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I'd rather ride though...