Out of Action...

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

redbike

Out of Action...

Post by redbike »

until my exhaust gasket arrives next week. Got real loud on the way back from Calgary last weekend, and Chris at Top Gear confirmed my suspicions on Tuesday. Oh well!
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
DoesDerbiCount?

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

Looks like you'll have to take the bike out. And if that happens, give me a call. :P
By the way, I don't think I've given it to anyone yet, and everyone here is more than trustworthy. So here's my cell if anyone wants an off hours ride or anything. Or just to give me a wake up call on Sundays! ;)
237-6723.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Sorry to hear about the scoot. :cry:

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Is Top-Gear fixing it to meet the recall specs? Because I've heard all that does is makes it so it won't melt your brake line when it happens to go again. I'm wondering if they can/will repair it so it's not likely to happen at all. Sorry to hear the wasp is out of commission for a bit though, glad you made it back to E-ville alright though. ^_^
All hail Emperor Kang!
redbike

Post by redbike »

made it back in great time actually. Left Cowville at 7:30, stopped for breakfast/gas in Dead Rear and was still back in Eville by 11:45. But noticed as I came into town (and could hear, minus the wind noise) that the exhaust had gotten quite loud. Cause of all of the threads on MV, I knew exactly what the prime culprit was and had been expecting it to go, by the way, so not much of a surprise.

As to the fix that will be exacted, not sure, but feel I've established a good working rapport with Chris, so I know we'll get it sorted. Note, that if one puts on an after-market exhaust, this is a non-issue anyways, as the problem only exists using the stock exahust. Time will tell.

Only regret is that, after a weekend on the Scoot, I was in love again and was looking forward to some more riding. How did you come to be riding solo on the return? Tia?

Have not posted my pics yet; will do a disc for you if you still want it.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Tia up and left without really telling anyone, but I didn't come back solo. I had Kevin and Jeff to ride with, and we had an awesome ride that hit almost every small town in all of Canada (or so it seems), with Shannon and Kathy as support drivers. It was a really cool ride, I would've enjoyed it a lot more if I wasn't so exhausted. We left Calgary at 1:00pm and I rolled in at like...a quarter to 9 I think... Sweet
All hail Emperor Kang!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Tia left early as well. But i don't think anyone knew till was too late.

Jeff, Shannon, Dale, Kathy and I (and Trevor in sort of a small way) did not leave Audry to ride back solo. We leave no one or bike behind, if we can't help it.

Jeff, Dale and I dawned the leathers and aimed north the best we could for the lack of a compass. The adventure had few mishaps and a few gas stops considering neither Jeff or I had not the slightest idea of what kind of mileage our bikes got nore really where the reserve started and ended. We played it safe.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Tell me that you didn't wear chaps Kevin!
:roll: :shock:
I still think it was very cool for you guys to ride with Audrey, especially for the company in safety. I have never driven 2A so I have no Idea how busy it is. I'm also very jealous of the cool stories you can now all share....

Cheers
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

Ouch, I feel mildly chastised :oops: I did say I was leaving Sunday, although I thought I would at least make the breakfast and leave from there. My next door neighbour felt the need to warm up his diesel dodge at 7:00 a.m. despite the 30 degree temperatures so I was up and didn't wanna hang around until 9:ish to say goodbye. Sorry if it left anyone in the lurch :roll:
Johnny Redbike.

DoesDerbiCount?

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

So John, I hear your bike is out of commission. However I could have sworn that I drove past you twice on whyte ave friday night (tonight) at around ten pm... The only reason I turned around was to see if it was you!
redbike

Post by redbike »

Nope not me; was on the hill watchin Blue Rodeo
Johnny Redbike.

ScarletBee

Post by ScarletBee »

i told nick i was taking off monday morning, figured he'd pass it on. left cowtown around 10am, and was back in edmonton 1:15pm. was a beautiful ride back.
imagine no more winters...
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

So how was Blue Rodeo? I had to leave early to start my shift. And to think the Party Crew trusts me with thier first aid. :twisted:

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
redbike

Post by redbike »

Their signature "sound": good; heard "the voice" when he was here in the spring at the Jube. Love em.
Johnny Redbike.

Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I've lost track of how many times I have seen Blue Rodeo, I know it's over 10 :shock:
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-