Slagging the Yanks

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Slagging the Yanks

Post by coyoteran »

You know, I spend a fair amount of my time verbally abusing Americans. Perhaps unfairly..perhaps not. Who am I to judge. And I dont mean your average joe on the street but more along the lines of a group mentality that really...and I mean really...gets under my skin.

Sometimes I chalk it up to my own overdeveloped sense of patriotism. Sometimes my overdeveloped, left wing, (yeah, I am from Saskatchewan after all) moral outrage just gets the best of me

But I am gonna give them a heartfelt gold star for a job well done on this one. I have been tracking the progress of the part I ordered from Vespa Motorsport...yesterday at 5:00 my time. That would put it at 16:00 hrs on the west coast. This has been the story so far. Read this from the bottom up.

CALGARY,
AB, CA 29/08/2007 7:11 ARRIVAL SCAN
SIOUX FALLS,
SD, US 29/08/2007 5:47 DEPARTURE SCAN
29/08/2007 5:07 ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE,
KY, US 29/08/2007 4:21 DEPARTURE SCAN
29/08/2007 2:05 ARRIVAL SCAN
SAN DIEGO,
CA, US 28/08/2007 19:18 DEPARTURE SCAN
28/08/2007 18:37 ORIGIN SCAN
CHULA VISTA,
CA, US 28/08/2007 17:21 PICKUP SCAN
28/08/2007 17:20 PICKUP SCAN

By 5:20 yesterday UPS had it in their posession and it hit Calgary this morning..13 hours after I ordered it having gone through 4 depots in the states. Now Calgary has had the part for almost 10 hours. And it still hasn't left there.

Gold star American neighours. Gold star to you. And a big rasberry to UPS in Cowtown.

Keep the shiny side up all.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Calgary is a black hole. Pray that the Vespa Gods intervene!
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Welcome to customs...

Its always the slowest part of the whole process.

What ever route it takes and what ever distance/time it travels that one and only desk at customs MUST take longer or they have not done their job properly.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

any update trevor?
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi all

It appears to have left Calgary. More to follow I am sure.

Trevor
nocattle

Post by nocattle »

Realize I'm a bit late on this but FYI Calgary (Alberta for that matter) has a huge labour shortage. Where the rest of North America has something they call "unemployment".

It used to be that if I missed UPS in the morning, they would try again in the early afternoon and again later around dinner. For the last year they will try once ever 24hr.s
giddyup
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

Yeah, I hear you about the whole, service sucks in the service industry bit but come on. 4 days to get out of Calgary. I don't even have to sign for these packages as they come in. They just drop them off in my mail box. No sig required.

That whole left wing side is coming out on me here again so here goes. Pay the people a decent wage, provide them with some degree of job satisfaction, CEOs and shareholders take a bit of a hit on their stocks and options, and people will stay, work and be happy about it. I think the ever migrating workforce starts to slow down when they feel that their work is doing more than lining some fatcats pocket. BAnks make billions of dollars a year and then wonder why they have trouble filling bank clerk positions at 13 bux an hour.

Regardless. Got that part. Got the next part and got the bike on the road. Which is where I am headed right now.

Keep the shiny side up.
Trevor