2007 toy run

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Everyone is always welcome on club rides. Heck, they let me come and often I was riding my sidecar!
redbike

Post by redbike »

DoesDerbiCount? wrote:If I'm still welcome then I'd love to join in on the ride.
What, did he fart, or something?
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
DoesDerbiCount?

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

Yeah, it was after I ate Angelo's left over pizza at that cafe we rode to. I let a big one and it got really awkward... Some of the scoots even became a bit sluggish because I clogged the intakes for a while. So after that I kinda felt weird... :lol:
But yeah, I'll set the alarm clock and try my best to be there. Have you guys come up with a definitive alternate route yet or what's going on with that?

Dan
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I'll be there, and likely will be bringing Ryan a long too. So...that's two for the head count I suppose. ^_^. Yay
All hail Emperor Kang!
GDOUBLEU

Post by GDOUBLEU »

is there a decision on where/when everyone is meeting on sunday? i'm hoping we can figure this out today if at all possible...i'm sprucing up our office this weekend and will be computerless for a couple of days.

yay for ikea power-shopping. :D
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Gill,
Look at the first page of this thread. There is instructions and even a map of where we are meeting with a time.

See you there
A
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
GDOUBLEU

Post by GDOUBLEU »

thanks angelio...all i have to say for myself is...DUH. :oops:

the southside italian shop it is then...
Rick

I'll be there sounds like fun!

Post by Rick »

The Shiny Orange Vino will be there!
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

As will a shiny blue vino. I spoke to Trudy last night and she wants to do this thing as well. I will be meeting up with her on the way to Angelos on sunday morning.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

The red Derbi will be there too. (I escaped the Armpit of Alberta for the weekend.)

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
DoesDerbiCount?

I hope everyone will forgive me (especially you Shannon :P). But I'm going to have to bring the suzuki tomorrow. I just got home and figured that it would be a good idea to check up on the scoot and make sure everything is running properly (as much as I hate to say it, I haven't been giving her the attention she deserves recently :( )
And as I feared I procrastinated to long and left the gunked up spark plug unswitched and uncleaned. That along with the temperature makes it damn near impossible to start.
And to top off this beautiful weekend for riding, I lent all my gear to a good friend of mine that is taking the Nait motorcycle course this weekend. So I'll be looking poorly (except for my brothers helmet, a shoei joust!).
So I'm wondering if I can come catch up and hang out a little tomorrow then leave my toy with one of you guys?
I refuse to sully the image of the club by riding along with you on the bike. :P
Does anyone think they'll have the space? It's not the biggest thing.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

refuse to sully the image of the club by riding along with you on the bike
And there is no way you would fit in at all with the other 3500 motorcycles that are going to be there??? :? :?

I will probably have space if you are sure you don't want to do the ride. But you would be missing a really great event

Trevor

ps, Trudy won't be making it after all. Family commitments.
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
DoesDerbiCount?

Haha, I thought we were taking a different route! I'd love to tag along, I'm just a little bummed about not being able to do it with my scoot. And my gear for that matter. :P
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I guess I'll forgive you for not bringing your Derbi out :roll: , just as long as you come riding with us on the toy run. :D

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Good to see you all today. I think that the Italian center shop Cafe could be a nice alternate for Sunday Latte's, mine was rather good. It's a nice long ride with not alot of traffic to deal with...

Shannon and Dan thanks for slowing up and hanging with the old guy and the old scooter on The whitemud. We should have stuck to our original plan and run our own route since our group again got swallowed up by the masses. I do dislike the stop and go that goes along with such a huge group of bikes.

All and all it was fun..

I hope all got home safe.....and I'm glad Trevor made it home after his excitement this morning....

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-