Isnt it fun being a football fan.

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Isnt it fun being a football fan.

Post by coyoteran »

Hi all.

So, in dramatic fashion the riders score a 27 yard running touchdown with 7 seconds left in the game to come from behind and beat the Bombers on sunday.

And then the Eskimoes after being given the gift of 17 points off turnovers in the first half fail to score more than 3 points in the second half. To lose again. Whatever Maciocias half time adjustments are, I sure hope he keeps them up. Great job there Danny. He's italian isn't he? Good thing there aren't more italian football fans in Edmonton. He would be liable to wake up with a horse head in his bed one day.

I guess it must be tough to operate and field a competitive team with that pesky salary cap that everyone else has been forced to deal with for the last 20 years or so. Now, you can buy your impartial judges, pay off your homer refs, and keep maintaining that swamp you call commonwealth stadium but you can't buy a team anymore. Pesky pesky salary cap.

Good to see AJ Gass get his butt run over a few times today.

You know, normally I wouldn't be this happy at a teams misfortunes, but for the EE, I am willing to be petty and small.

Keep the shiny side up all

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

You sure are bitter dude........ha
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Angelo wrote:You sure are bitter dude........ha
Yeah. That has been commented on. It is a bit of a blind spot of mine. But, like I said. Wear your team loyalties on your sleeve. Let the whole world see them when they do well, and stomp on them when they do poorly.

Trevor
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Two things that I have learned in my short life is never ever approach a rabid dog, or rabid rider fan when they have the taste of blood on their lips! :lol:

.....oh and another thing that the EE will always have on the Riders, is that they have never ever had to wear Jerseys bought at a pawn shop!!

Thanks for that story, I love ammo of that caliber!

Cheers

- Dustin Kott-
lordhaha

Post by lordhaha »

Go Riders!
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

lordhaha wrote:Go Riders!
Amen.....AAAAAmen!!!! Bruthas and Sistaas.
Can I get a "Green is the color" bruthas and sistaas.
Hallelujah!!!
Lemme hearya say "Hallelujah".
Puhhhraise the allmighty Roughridaas.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You did say it is a dry heat didn't you Angelo? :D

Trevor
Bitter and yes, more than a fair bit odd.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

coyoteran wrote:Can I get a "Green is the color" bruthas and sistaas.
Hallelujah!!!
Green is the color!
Hallelujah!!!
Green and Gold.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote: You did say it is a dry heat didn't you Angelo? :D
Very dry!

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

Hi all

The wife and I just watched the game on TSN broadband. I was actually surprised that it was on broadband. It was blacked out locally but available on the net. Not a great picture but better than listening to Hallsy for three hours.

So, once again, EE comes out strong in the first half and then scores 3 points in the second half. They had a small chance with 17 seconds to go but either Ray or Maciocia forgot about that whole hurry up offence thing. They watched the clock run down while they huddled up to call a broken play.

Ok, so not rubbing it in or gloating. Simple observation. EE does not make half time adjustments. They stand pat while the other team actually works through the half time. The players are not bad. The offensive coordinator is awful. The conditioning coach needs to be replaced or retrained. It would reduce the injuries and actually give EE a chance in a 60 minute game where they seem to run out of gas. Defensive coordinator makes some moves but too little too late. And the head coach. He would be out of his depth in city high school football as would Flemming. He was good, maybe great. His time is done.

Trevor
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

Wow was that ugly. That was so ugly it was fugly. The bombers beat the riders in all 4 aspects of the game on Sunday. Offense, defense, special teams and officiating.

Awful awful officiating. Oh well. Its not like I thought the riders were a 16 and 2 football team and if you have to lose, at least its to a different division team. Kevin Glenn is looking way to comfy with that monster O line in front of him. Those guys are huge.

Talk to yall l8r
Trevor
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

An oldie but a goodie

At a grade school in Edmonton a teacher was talking with her students
about football. She told the students that she was an Eskimos fan. She then asked her students to raise their hands if they too were Eskimo fans. Everyone in the class raised their hand, except Little Johnny.
The teacher looked at Little Johnny with surprise and said, "Johnny, Why didn't you raise your hand?"
"Because I'm not an Eskimo fan," he replied.
The teacher, shocked, asked, "Well, if you are not an Edmonton Eskimoe fan, then who are you a fan of?"
"I'm a Saskatchewan Roughriders fan, and proud of it," Little Johnny replied."
The teacher could not believe her ears. "Little Johnny, why are you a Roughriders fan?"
"Because my Mom is a Roughriders fan and my Dad is a Roughriders fan, so that makes me a Saskatchewan Roughriders fan too!" explained Little Johnny.
"Well," said the teacher, in a obviously annoyed tone, "that is no reason for you to be a Saskatchewan Roughriders fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all the time. Why, what if your Mom was a moron and your Dad was a moron, what would you be then?"
"Then," Little Johnny smiled, "We'd be Eskimo fans!"
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one!

I am sworn off the Esks until they get rid of Maciocia!
I was a mod before you was a mod.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:"Then," Little Johnny smiled, "We'd be Eskimo fans!"

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

Great pic Angelo. I have been saying for years that the only thing cats are missing is an extendable middle finger. You know they are thinking it so at least give them a mechanism to pass the message on.

Trevor
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

I am not sure what was louder today. The sound of rider fans ankles breaking as they jumped off the bandwagon or the clattering of ladders as eskimo fans climbed back on the bandwagon.

Trevor