Intro

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jamoo

Intro

Post by jamoo »

Hi! I'm Jamie. My wife and I bought our first scooter - a 2006 Piaggio Fly 150 - in late July. We've been having a blast so far, and I enjoy riding to and from work each day.

I've been poking around here a bit and thought I should say hi.

Is it cool for "newbies" to show up for Sunday rides?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Absolutely! Welcome to the enlightenment.

Wednesdays often a group of scooterists also meet at the Petro Canada bike night at 97th St. and a bit north of 135 Ave.

Look forward to meeting you.

John
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Hi Jamie, welcome to the forums and the club. Congrats on your scooter, glad to hear you are enjoying it. I'm a new member as of this year, and I have to say everyone in the club has been very inviting and a great group to hang out with and ride with. Hope to see you out one Sunday. ^_^

Cheers
Audrey
All hail Emperor Kang!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Just a bit further north of 135th ave. Way further north near 160th ave and 97th street
redbike

Post by redbike »

97th & 163rd. Get the notion about us yet?
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Welcome aboard...or welcome to the board...or welcome and be bored...or...Nevermind. God I love that Ray Jay Johnson sketch.

All makes, models, shapes, sizes and colours welcome. I mean, we let lambretta owners in so we aren't exactly picky. :D :twisted: :D :twisted: Sorry Angelo. Couldn't help myself there.

You weren't out riding on the west side this afternoon around 4:30. I saw a Fly out there today when I was transitting this bike for a friend. (Nice lead in eh?)

Trudy picked this up this aft for a song. 2007 Vino 125. Spotless with only 1100 km on it. Gets up to 50 quick and then gradually works its way up to 85. Drafts like nobodies business. The fact that the headlight is not part of the headset is a tad unnerving when it doesn't move with your hands but you get used to it.

So, welcome again Jamoo and keep the shiny side up.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

Welcome aboard!

:D
I was a mod before you was a mod.
jamoo

Post by jamoo »

coyoteran wrote:You weren't out riding on the west side this afternoon around 4:30.
I left work around 5 today and headed down Stony Plain and 149th on my way home (Terwillegar). It may have been me. I noticed one scoot on my way, but can't remember what type.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

As I recall the bike I saw was turning south onto 170th st. Don't know the ave though.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jamoo

Post by jamoo »

coyoteran wrote:As I recall the bike I saw was turning south onto 170th st. Don't know the ave though.

Trevor
Couldn't have been me then :)
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Welcome to our humble home,

I'm the one they call beretta or is that Lambretta?

Ciao
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Welcome to the insanity.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris