Mad, Bad and dangerous to know

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Mad, Bad and dangerous to know

Post by coyoteran »

Hey, guess who just got a scooter....Me! Ok, so its the same old bike but at least its on the road again. Can I hang out with the scooter club again?

I was looking at a getting a set of crash bars off a guy in Cali. Legshield, fender and rear cowl for 325 plus shipp. I fear it would cost me more on the relationship front than I can reasonably afford so it doesn't look like its going to happen. Plus you guys said crash bars would look nasty on a red bike so I will defer to your greater wisdom.

So, I am looking for a mid week ride. Any body with any interest or any thoughts on the matter.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Congrats!

Might be able to slip away for Wednesday's bike night with a ride after.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I'm liking bike nite this week as well. Not much on a ride after, my back is in rough shape....
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

Angelo wrote:I'm liking bike nite this week as well. Not much on a ride after, my back is in rough shape....
Dr. Timothy Sharp. 10204 - 112 Street, 425-1133. I thought you were going to call him????
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I will now! totally forgot to ask you for the info again since I forgot the name.... thanks. The move of our warehouse reaggravated the injury....

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

HI again

I am up for bike night with a contingency suggestion in case of crap weather. Thursday or friday evening supper at Renatos. Corner of 118th ave and 95 st. Pretty decent place with a not bad menu. Old Italian recipe book. Reasonably priced.
Bring your bike, and a passenger. Lemme know whatchya think. If tomorrow turns out wet and cold (predicted) and a few folks express interest, I will look into reservations.

Trevor
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

You know, with crashbars...you can start adding mirrors. :twisted: Sounds like a really good price, though. I think it would look hot on the red.

I'm up for most/all weekday plans. Thursday is better than friday for me. Bike night is supposed to be cold, so I've kind of written it off already. I've had enough cold/rain riding last week to last me for a bit. If it's nice, I'll swing by if other people are going for sure.
All hail Emperor Kang!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I have solid plans for Friday nite, so I'm a no go. I can't commit to dinner.

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

Can't do tomorrow night; meet the creature night at Benno's school. Can do Thursday, though, if it stops snowing by then.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Angelo

Re: Mad, Bad and dangerous to know

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:Hey, guess who just got a scooter....Me! Ok, so its the same old bike but at least its on the road again. Can I hang out with the scooter club again?
Hey Dude glad to hear your rolling again. Sounds like the powers that Be have put the nix on the crashbars anyways, but if your asking my opinion I say NO! The Red Flash looks nicey nice as is....

Just looked at the weather network. Looks like rain cold and maybe snow, so that would count me out....

I like the dinner plans, just not this week. Still working on the move at work which means I'm scarce around the house as is...

Ciao
Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
nocattle

Post by nocattle »

I thought it was Charlene's bike and you just borrowed it.

Looks, shooks! Crash bars will save your scooter when it goes down, spiraling to a halt.

Also, the more folks spend on the scooter industry, the more affordable it will be for all of us. That's the theory anyways.
giddyup
LibertineAudrey

Well, I don't know about the rest of this week, but that white fluffy stuff I rode home in tonight sure looked like snow. Damn. :x
All hail Emperor Kang!
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

nocattle wrote:I thought it was Charlene's bike and you just borrowed it.
Busted. Yes, you are right, it is Charlene's bike. But possession is 9/10s of the law isnt it? John? I am right on this one aren't I? :D

Was it really snowing last night Modrey? It was relatively warm in Morinville. I did notice it got colder as I got closer to the city this morning.

I am going to lean this discussion even further toward thursday supper. Say 18:30 (6:30 pm) at Renatos. Bring a passenger. Significant other, child, sibbling, friend. All in favour, give me a shout.

L8r
Trevor
redbike

Post by redbike »

coyoteran wrote: All in favour, give me a shout. L8r Trevor
SHOUT
Johnny Redbike.

LibertineAudrey

Shout shout shout...

I'll be there Thursday, not sure if the passenger will be able to make it, though. And yes, it really was snowing last night, starting at about HWY 21 all the way to my place on HWY 14(about 15 mins of riding). It was very light, and melted when it hit the ground, but was certainly snow. I think I may've cried a single tear.

Cheers,
Audrey
All hail Emperor Kang!