Edmonton Toy Run

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Angelo

Edmonton Toy Run

Post by Angelo »

Here is the offical site as reference...

http://www.edmontontoyrun.info/

The plan is to meet at Tra Amici at 10.00 and leave together. We won't be staying long, so if you want to enjoy a Coffee show up earlier. The ride from capilano leaves at 11.15 so there won't be much time in between.....bundle up!!

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
furnaceman

Post by furnaceman »

I will be there as long as i get rid of this dang cold

Bruce.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Take lots of cold meds, Cold FX helps....

Hey did you know it was the offical "talk like a pirate day?" Man where were you, I was looking for the eye patch all day :D

Loose the cold dude!

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi all

Just signed on to the new look forums. I definitely prefer this board look and feel to the proboards but maybe that is a bit of bias held over from the modern vespa site.

Anyway, got the new rear skin on today and the tranny goes back together tomorrow cw oil change and filter clean. Wash the bike on saturday and should be good to go on sunday. Good thing too because I started up the DR600 yesterday and promptly blew the headlight before I noticed all my indicators were running super bright. Looks like a high resistance ground fault. Means if I aint on the vespa...I aint on anything.

Anyways, thats all for now.
L8r all and keep the shiny side up.
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Good news about the Vespa Trevor! Not so good about the other!

Thanks for the info on the jacket, I will give them a call today and see if they have my size. I'm ok with the Yammy colors, That was my first bike and I still love them to death....I just hope those patches come off, and I can replace them with Vespa patches!

See you on Sunday, It's supposed to be sunny and 16!

Cheers
Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
Ruthie

Post by Ruthie »

I have invited a friend who owns a scooter, and his wife, to join us for the toyride. They may be intereseted in the club, too. Hope this is okay.
How did you get a photo onto your profiles?
Ruthie javascript:emoticon(':?')
"Scooters help us step more lightly on our planet."
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Ruth,

Inviting your friends is not a problem, please insure that everyone is on time. We will have just enough time if we leave at 10 am, any later and we might miss the start at Capilano mall. See you Sunday

Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

Bruce Bruce....NICE avatar complete with furball hahahaha
Yeah...whatever
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

Angelo wrote:Good news about the Vespa Trevor! Not so good about the other!

Thanks for the info on the jacket, I will give them a call today and see if they have my size. I'm ok with the Yammy colors, That was my first bike and I still love them to death....I just hope those patches come off, and I can replace them with Vespa patches!

See you on Sunday, It's supposed to be sunny and 16!

Cheers
Angelo
Just sew your patches overtop of the old ones dude.....we got big-ass patches avail....and I think you bought one too. :D
Yeah...whatever
furnaceman

Post by furnaceman »

Looks as if i am going to come even though my cold is lingering..
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Well my son is under the weather a wee bit so he will not be coming. That means I won't be bringing the BMW outfit after all. Yes folks, Orange Crushed lives again. See you tomorrow and wear dark glasses as it is very very orange!

:-)

John

PS: No racing though as I am breaking in a new piston.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

It was great seeing such a great turn out for the ride today. The weather was fantastic! Final some decent Fall weather! It was so much fun seeing all the old bikers talking about there first rides (Vespa's/ Lambretta's)
and the stories that went along with them. I'm not sure what the final count was, but I'm certain that it equaled last years 3400.

Cheers
Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

It was a great ride... Reactions from the hardcore bikers as we rolled in were priceless. My favorite part so far.

Unofficial stats for 2006 were approx 3600 bikes at Capilano Mall, 8000 square feet of toys and $8000 (a new record) in donations.

John, Angelo, Bruce, Tia, Trevor, Haley, Frank, Kelly, Ruth, Dick, Tim and Me. That makes an unofficial presence percentage of 0.33%

Yeah, way to go folks. We were out numbered, but as Bruce put it, our balls (and other bits) were bigger.
Ablespice

Post by Ablespice »

Way to go all that participated. I'm sooooooooooooooooo proud, lol...
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi all

Check this out. See if you recognize anybody.

http://edmonton-motorcycle.spaces.live. ... 1432.entry

Keep the shiny side up.
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?