VCoC - The Future Role of the National Club

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Roy

VCoC - The Future Role of the National Club

Post by Roy »

Hi fellow scooterists in Edmonton.

I have posted a thread on the VCoC forum regarding the future role of the VCoC National Club.

Since some of you are paying members of the VCoC I would be very interested in getting feedback from you.

Here is the information I posted in the thread:

http://vcoc.proboards44.com/index.cgi?board=clubnews

This is the time of the year when we normally prepare the election Club elections for executive Club positions for the next year.

There have been some discussions however about how we want to run the National Club in the future, and I believe until we have given the paying VCoC members a chance to participate in the discussion, I don't think we should have Club elections.

Some of you may not be familiar about the issues that have come up over the year that triggered some of these discussions.

One of them is certainly the fact that we have seen some good growth in some of our local branches in the West, which I think is very positive, and we would definitely want to strenghten the local branch activities in the future. With more local branch activities the question is how we deal with membership and the collection of membership dues in the future, which I think is a fair question that we need to sort out. This is also why we are currently holding off sending more membership renewal notices out until we have a general consensus on how we want to deal with this in the future.

Another related reason is that we would want to spread the workload across the Club.
Looking at last years election and considering the lack of volunteering for the National Club, the sings for us being able to carry on in the same fashion as in previous years are not good unfortunately, I believe. In my opinion we either need help from members across the country taking on some of the work intensive Club positions, or we need to find ways to reduce the workload and the activities of the National Club.

Over the next few weeks we will post a number of polls on this forum as a way to collect feedback from you regarding some more or less radical ideas. I would like to encourage you to participate in these polls as well as writing us your ideas and giving us your feedback.

This is YOUR Club and it is up to you to participate shaping it the way you want it.

PS: The polls will be open to currently paying members of the VCoC and recently expired members who have been members for most of this year (this means if your membership expired recently and we haven't sent you a renewal notice, you are still entitled to vote).

Note: we haven't started posting specific polls, but there is a thread already where I am looking for your feedback. Please come and spend a few minutes and let me know what you think.[/url]
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

If anyone wishes to reply, please do so on the VCoC forum so that everyone involoved with VCoC will see the responses. Thank you
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-