Looking for a project?

A place to peddle and look for stuff

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Looking for a project?

Post by jbcollier »

This was posted to the yahoo smallframe list. Sounds interesting and reasonably priced.

-------------------------

Date: October 28, 2007 10:25:36 AM MDT (CA)
Subject: [vespasmallframes] A Spot of Blue Shield Spam

Smallframers,

This spam is offered in the spirit of - I'd rather see one of you guys get this than throwing it out to EBay - as only those dedicatied to these great scoots will appreciate the following.

In a nut shell, I have a 80% completed project that I haven't been unable to finish and reassemble, due to wrist and hand problems. It begins with a 95% pristine white '66, NOS Sears Blue Shield frame that has never become a scooter. That's right, never an engine mounted, never numbers stamped on the top recess for the engine door, not a "mm" pavement has it seen, and the blue shield itself looks factory fresh. I got this on EBay several years ago to flush-out a rough but restorable Blue Shield I had acquired. All the periferal components were removed the old one, and all have been painted white by a expert in bike work who did a first rate job. The rims and hubs, the front fork, center stand are painted with automotive paint. The frame itself was not resprayed as I didn't want to mess with its original qualities. So if one were to agree with my call then consider the paint work done.

Interestingly, when I split the cases I found that the engine internals were brand new and pristinly clean. The head and piston top were only slightly darkened. So it was clear that the scoot had been ridden very little to not at all. The engine is nearly reassembled with new seals, gaskets, etc. and the top end I would have mounted is from an ET3 (still have original too). All hardware has been blasted, cleaned and oiled, and I'd venture to say that one may have yet to acquire 5% spares to reassemble the entire bike as NEW. Moreover, the swing-arm bushings and tube were replaced with the stiffer set made by Claus?, from whom I also got a recasted gray rubber tail light gasket. Apart from all that, I have a new seat cover, tires, tunnel mounted spare tire holder, cables, assorted rubber bits (but maybe not all), center stand boots, and a used (but nice) Polini pipe. I also have an ET3 banana pipe to throw in. In short, almost the whole project is out in my shop.

If any of you might be interested, please contact me off line, and then we can arrage to speak on the telephone. It will take me awhile to dig it all out and make photographs, and I will do so if and when someone makes contact. If no one responds, on EBay and Scoot.net it eventually will go. I already have a crate made from when I shipped my ET3 home from Japan, and one for the engine too. So packing all and helping with the shipping from Baton Rouge, can be done for $100. I must get $2500 (firm) for the works.

As I said, I hope one of you small framers will jump on this opportunity.

Grazie Tanto,

Tommaso

(aka Tom Neff)