Looking for used twist and go scooter

A place to peddle and look for stuff

Moderator: Moderators

RyanRumsey

Looking for used twist and go scooter

Post by RyanRumsey »

I am looking for a used twist and go, preferably a 150 or higher so I can go on the highway to visit Audrey and go down to Calgary next summer. I would like a Vespa if possible as well. If you know of any for sale please let me know. Thanks.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi Ryan

I don't know what you are looking to spend but Torrie out in Kelowna has been rumoured to be selling her GT 200. Last I heard she was asking for 6K. I am going from memory here but I am pretty sure it has heated grips, a top case, and a floor mat.

Unfortunately that black lx 150 on Kijiji has already sold. They wanted 4k for it.

Happy shopping.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
RyanRumsey

Post by RyanRumsey »

Thanks Trevor

I will try and save some money this winter and get a loan, so maybeI will give them a shout in Kelowna soon. do you have their contact info out there? Hope you have a good weekend. Take care.

Ryan
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Hey Ryan,

We missed you tonight at dinner. If you are looking for Vespa Kelowna's contact info, go to my facecrack page, they are listed as one of my friends. The other option is to wait and she will contact you or you could send a private message. Torrie is a member of our forum, she is listed at teenytinytorrie. If none of those options suit your fancy I can pass on the information as I will be talking to her sometime next week.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
teenytinytorrie

Post by teenytinytorrie »

hi there, this is Torrie out in Kelowna...yes my green GT is still up for sale, but if you are looking for some smokin' hot deals on some new bikes, or a Derbi we have a bunch up for grabs at the shop that we just reduced the pricing on!! and I hate to say it but in reality you can by the 150 Derbi, brand spanking new for about half of the GT!!

give us a call at 250 868 3772, I am normally at the shop after 4pm otherwise you can contact jen during the day...or you can e-mail Vespakelowna@hotmail.com and we can send you the prices on ones you are interested in....If you are looking for new, there is a new payment plan fron Vespa that has no down, no payment, no intrest for a year

As for getting it to Edmonton, we can talk about that as well...it is about time I get out there for a visit
RyanRumsey

Post by RyanRumsey »

Well, after a bit of shopping around and estimating my finances I have decided that in the new year I will probobly buy a Yamaha Vino 125. I know of some good deals on some new ones and I am wondering if anybody out there has ever driven one and what they have to say about them. There are some really positive reviews online for this scooter, it's something that I can afford, and they look really cool too. Does anybody know of any used ones for sale nearby?
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi again Ryan

I aided and abetted a co-worker of mine in the purchase of an 07 vino125 this past summer. I also took the opportunity to spin it around the city to "test drive" it for her.

I found it to be a very comfortable ride. I like the monster headlight and the audible signal light indicators. It is an extremely maneuverable bike. Moreso than the ET4 I normally drive.

Things I liked. Very quick off the line. Outstanding fuel economy. Decent storage under the seat. Styling. Headlight and how much light it threw. Fit and finish. Decent top speed.

Things I didn't like. Acceleration flattens out above 40km/hr. It does pick up again around 55-60 but that inbetween area the accelleration is very soft. The bike is too quiet. There is no option to install a top case as it would interfere with the fuel filler hole. It is at the back of the bike between the grab handles and the seat. Lack of aftermarket costumizations. Yes you can always paint it and add mirrors but there really aren't any performance parts for the bike. You aint gonna make it go faster unless you throw it out of a truck or off a cliff. The seat is too close to sit up front but too long to sit at the back. Note that the first and the last item have more to do with my size than the bike. These may not even be factors for you.

Overall I think they are a great bike for what they are and probably the best executed of the japanese scooters. And finally, Trudy positively loves her bike. I will try to get her to post something here.

Trevor
redbike

Post by redbike »

RyanRumsey wrote: Does anybody know of any used ones for sale nearby?
Recycle in Stony Plain has one. They say "some scratches"; it has a cracked leg shield, but otherwise, is mint: http://www.buysell.com/search/ResultDet ... d=59841865
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

Hi Redbike.

Haven't seen you around for a while. Whatchya been up to.

Regarding the vino at recycle, that one is a 50cc. You can tell by the seat, headlight, and the rear cowling. Its higher on the 125. Oh, and I went out to look at it. :D :D

Trevor
RyanRumsey

Post by RyanRumsey »

Thanks to everyone for replying. I have a place that I am going to on the weekend to look at a vino 125 so I will get to sit on one for myself, hopefully. Still shopping around, though.