Seeking Travel Advice

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Seeking Travel Advice

Post by coyoteran »

Hi all

I am taking the kids on a three day ski trip but I am having trouble deciding on Lake Louise vs Marmot. LL is further and a tad more spendy while marmot is closer but smaller. Anybody in the club a skier with any recommendations or suggestions about the hills and accomodations?

Thanks.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
GDOUBLEU

Post by GDOUBLEU »

hey trevor...

have skied and boarded all my life...lake louise has some great runs and it's super fun to get lost in the wilderness there, but it's expensive to stay in banff. i've always really liked marmot...it's mostly in the trees, they have a lot of intermediate groomed runs and it's very family-oriented. plus, jasper is cheaper to stay in and more chilled out than banff.

just a consideration, and depending on how advanced you are, three days at marmot might be too many. plus, if you're staying in banff, you also have the choice of spending a day at sunshine...they get some of the best snow in the mountains (unless it's windy...then look out!).

there's my two bits...have an awesome time wherever you end up going!

g
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

It's been a while, but I spent much of my young adult life skiing almost every weekend. I spent alot of time at Sunshine mainly due to the snow and conditions. I never once was disappointed. Keep in mind though when I was skiing Canmore was a ghost town, and finding a room for $60.00 was not a problem. I like marmot as well, but mainly because I love Jasper......not much help, but it sure made me think of the good old days, so tahnks for that!
Last edited by Angelo on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

A friend of my coaches a local ski team and they were just in Jasper on the weekend and the conditions were sucktastic as they haven't had very much snowfall since Christmas. But, this is Alberta and that could all change tomorrow.

I had to pick, I would pick Jasper. It's more laid back, there are some hotels that really cater to families and it's cheaper, which means you can do more.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris