Fed a Bear 2008

Local and distant events

Moderator: Moderators

teenytinytorrie

Fed a Bear 2008

Post by teenytinytorrie »

Join us in beautiful Kelowna BC the weekend of July 18-20 for the Fed A Bear Rally, the Okanagan's third annual scooter rally. Kelowna is one of Canada's most popular summer tourist destinations and we are expecting a large turnout. The Okanagan Valley is famous for its fruit, wine, and beaches, and we have some great lakeside, vineyard, and orchard rides planned. Enjoy a winery tour and tasting, barbeque on the beach, pub night, gymkana, and much more.

Accommodations: Camping is available at $10 for the weekend at the Feed A Bear Campground, courtesy of Macaw Autobody. Directions will be given via email. Maps will be given out at the meet and greet on Friday night. Pre-registration is recommended via email.

Rally Packs: will be available all weekend at the meet and greet and at Vespa Kelowna. For $20 you get a t-shirt, patch, continental breakfast, free BBQ, a chance at some great door prizes, and whatever else we can dig up.

More information can be found at www.vespakelowna.ca
teenytinytorrie

Post by teenytinytorrie »

hmmm due to some unforseen circumstances camping may be out but the rally is still on, just a change in some of the itinerary...we can find places for you all just e-mail us at

feedabear@gmail.com
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Soooooo .... now that we have rested from our rally ... who is going to the Kelowna rally? Who is riding, who is trailering and who is hoping to rent when they get there?

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
GDOUBLEU

Post by GDOUBLEU »

igor and i are in the midst of the hellish kitchen reno. we're going to calgary this year and that will be all the money we've got. we're looking at kelowna for next year....
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

As of today, I am riding. Dunno if the ride is going to be red or white. If some folks are trailering it, I may ride the yeti and trailer the tiarra if there is room.

What say you all?

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I'm looking into trailering ... via rental ... right now it is super expensive for one, but somewhat cheaper for more than one.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I'm riding there, exciting!!!!

Trevor, you know you want to take the Vespa, then I won't feel bad for holding you up! Vespa! Vespa!
All hail Emperor Kang!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I have been Shanghaied into teaching another course that weekend.

Enjoy!

John
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Sowelu wrote:I'm looking into trailering ... via rental ... right now it is super expensive for one, but somewhat cheaper for more than one.

Shannon
I have a trailer if you have something to pull it with.

Trevor
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

As do I. Will hold two scoots.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Thanks for the offer of the trailers. The cost is really for the vehicle/truck to pull the trailer. I think I've found a "cheaper" rental, I just have to follow up with the rental agency.

The truck I found will carry one scoot in the back and I'm follow up to see if it does have a trailer hitch so that should anyone need a trailer pulled I would be able to do that.

Shannon
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

jbcollier wrote:I have been Shanghaied into teaching another course that weekend.

Enjoy!

John
Get on bike. If you feel a sharp stabbing pain, get off bike, bolt seat on and get back on.
Put feet on pedals...only one to start
Push
Put other foot on remaining pedal
Push
Repeat
Don't run into shit.
Thanks for coming out and I am off to a rally.

I have sometimes been accused of oversimplifying.

Trevor
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Trevor,

....that's not what people are saying about you "oversimplifying" look for the word inside of the word! :twisted:
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Calgary YES
Kelowna NO (not this year)

I got Shanghaied into going to San Deigo during the Kelowna rally....
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Sanosuke87

Post by Sanosuke87 »

if there is a trailer spot available count me in!
ive come to the conclusion that 12-14 hours driving is a little much for me,