2008 Crude city Scooter Club 8 ball rally

Local and distant events

Moderator: Moderators

Angelo

2008 Crude city Scooter Club 8 ball rally

Post by Angelo »

I personally would love to thank each and everyone of you that were involved in the planning and Execution of this years rally. It truly was a great rally. I had a great time visiting with good old friends and new friends as well. Thanks to everyone

Ciao
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Whizzer

Post by Whizzer »

Thanks all. I had a great time, the rides rocked, and the bands kicked butt.
Thanks John for the great room. Hope you don't mind a lot of the draw prizes going to the south, (Red Deer, Calgary). Just a bit soggy on the ride back but it was all worth it just to see the look on Shannon's face.
Thanks, Dale
Haynes manual + tools=danger
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

What can I say .... except I was totally shocked and I'm sure it showed on my face I was just lucky that the lighting was bad.

Thanks again for the top case Dale. It came in handy after the party as I had a lot of odds and spods that I needed to bring back from the hall and my saddle storage was full.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
bstanish

Post by bstanish »

Thanks everyone for a great weekend. And extra thanks to all involved in setting everything up. It was a blast! Looking forward to next year's
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

bstanish wrote:Thanks everyone for a great weekend. And extra thanks to all involved in setting everything up. It was a blast! Looking forward to next year's
Help us out, who are you please?

- Dustin Kott-
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

Brad is the LX with custom zebra seatcover, you will have to excuse Angelo, he only remembers new bikes, not new people.
I was a mod before you was a mod.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

jeffthemod wrote:Brad is the LX with custom zebra seatcover, you will have to excuse Angelo, he only remembers new bikes, not new people.

I'm also not a hieroglyphics expert to Decipher some user names :D
But this is now one less on my list of unknowns....thanks Jeff :wink:

- Dustin Kott-
GDOUBLEU

Post by GDOUBLEU »

well...i'm still really tired, and my bum is still sore from the deceptively uncomfortable seat...but i had a great time riding the blue princess and getting to see everyone again. thanks to all the planners for a great event.

some highlights for me:
near-death cat experience from one-way paget. 'that's the thing about a conscience'...hehe.
the dude riding the bicycle and playing guitar at the same time. amazing!
the m-fing bumpiest road in edmonton on the way to victoria park. ouch!
3-a.m. fireworks and subsequent russian verbal beat down. funniest. thing. ever.
wicked bands on saturday night...and a great cover of one of my favourite songs...don't look back in anger (thanks boys!).
an interesting ride back home on saturday night...thanks danny! (and allie for letting me ride with danny!).
napping all afternoon on sunday. :)

thanks again everyone...looking forward to calgary (we're coming for sure kory...and i'll have your day's in water bottle if you still want it!).

g
RyanRumsey

Post by RyanRumsey »

What a great time this weekend, it was a very eventful first rally for this new scooterist. After 12 years of drooling over other's bikes it is so awesome to have one of my very own, even if it now has a little boo-boo! On that topic, thank you so much to everyone for helping me out when I took my spill, the ones who checked out my bike and to everyone also for staying with me and making sure I was okay, this means so much to me. Your kind words this weekend helped me get through some anxious moments getting back on my vino, you are ALL truly great friends :) Thanks also to everyone for organizing such a fun event and doing their best to make sure it ran smoothly, we all did great! You're the best.

Your mate,

Ryan
redbike

Post by redbike »

RyanRumsey wrote: You're the best.

Ryan
Well, maybe not the best, but we try hard to have a good time and to take care of our "kind". Happy you had a good time.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
teenytinytorrie

Post by teenytinytorrie »

hey speak for yourself I know I am the best
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

teenytinytorrie wrote:hey speak for yourself I know I am the best
I have to say...she's right. I have to admire the person that can down 1 1/2 deep fried mars bars.
All hail Emperor Kang!
nocattle

Post by nocattle »

Gil, the DAYS INN water bottle would be appreciated. They are very, very rare. You ave to get them from... well, the Days Inn.

By the way, Gil, you're out of milk. Sorry.

Torrie, thanx for the parts.

John, thanx for the sticker.

Ryan, most of us just take a hammer to leg shield to get the first dent out of the way. But I won't judge you for doing it with Mod style. That's what happens when you realize the person you look up to is just a Bellboy.

Modrey, thanx for selling me the winning tickets.

Dale, you should have waited. I left Edmonton at 4pm and had a nice ride home. Light rain to Nisku/LeDuc then only wet road to contend with until Ponoka, dry all the rest. But then again I was wearing a skirt.
giddyup