Vespa ET4 for Sale

A place to peddle and look for stuff

Moderator: Moderators

Captainwhoopass

Vespa ET4 for Sale

Post by Captainwhoopass »

Hi All,

My silver 2005 Vespa ET4 is now officially for sale. Substantial cosemetic damage, but the scooter is clean and mechanically maintained. This is a reliable daily driver, and the fastest 150 I have ever driven. It would make a perfect first scooter. Brand new Pirelli tires and optional chrome rack and Fiamm air horns.

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Did you get yourself a new bike?

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

How many $$$ are you askin?
Captainwhoopass

Know what? I can't do it! Sorry - but this scooter is no longer for sale. I've decided I could only ever let it go to the right home for ridiculous wads of cash - more than I am sure anybody would be willing to spend on it looking like it does.

If anybody is looking to love and cherish my ET for no less than $3k, let me know. :wink:
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

How many Kms are on the bike now?
Captainwhoopass

19,000 super good time Kilometers.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I'm out, considering what one could pick one for from the states with half the milage, no damage, shipping and tax.

Unless no less than $3k is actually negotiable.
Captainwhoopass

Everyting is negotiable! :D

But realistically, you are right - you could probably find something without the damage my scooter has for cheaper elsewhere (especially from the US - don't know why, but scooters seem to be sold much cheaper there than here).

And I know this - a big part of the reason I have decided to keep it is that I know it is worth much more to me than most potential buyers would be willing to pay, and it wouldn't be worth my while to take $500 or something for it.

With that said - If you want to make me an offer, we can certainly discuss.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Well, i wouldn't even offer $500, that would be plain outright theft.

I'm pretty sure i've seen your bike before, front collision with a truck, right?
Captainwhoopass

That's the one!

Just to provide some additional info:
I have had some repairs and maintance done on the bike to get it up to snuff - it's my primary form of transport so I needed it be reliable.
The repairs were typical things given the age and milage of the scooter - new fuel line, oil change, air box filter, tires, brake pads, etc. At this point the bike is very mechanically sound.

I have been told it would be about $400-800 to repair the cosemetic damage, though I honestly have no idea how accurate this is - I haven't really looked into it. This cost may be something that someone purchasing the bike would want to consider.

The other option of course would be to pick up a $7 can of matte black and rat the mo-fo out! 8)
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Can i ask who verified the nose was actually only cosmetic and not in fact geometrically out of wack?
Captainwhoopass

15,000 kilometers on the bike since the damage without issue or concern, and more importantly, it has been fully inspected separately by Dylan and Chris at Top Gear.