Calgary Rally

Local and distant events

Moderator: Moderators

Sowelu

Calgary Rally

Post by Sowelu »

Who is going?????

It looks like Modrey and I will be riding down on the Friday. Dale we are hoping to be in Red Deer at lunch. It would be super if were able to meet up with us and ride the rest of the way to Calgary.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I'm going to have to get me scooter tuned up before it will be road-worthy enough for Calgary. :\ I'm still planning on going, though.
All hail Emperor Kang!
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

I want to suggest a new sig block for Audrey. Chrome wont get you home and it looks freaking dangerous bouncing on the road and exploding in front of you at 60 mph. :twisted: :twisted:

Im just sayin.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I hear Top Gear has space on Tuesday .... at least that's when mine is getting tuned.

Audrey, did you loose some chrome on the drive home?

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Modrey successfully dodged the deer standing on the side of the road but the tremors from the incident caused her welded left hand three mirror stand to snap off, bounce across the front of her scooter, brush against her leg and completely disintegrate when it hit the pavement.....right in front of me.

I was half expecting to drive through a cloud of metal and mirror glass but the old nascar truism actually works. Aim where the accident is, by the time you get to where it is, it won't be. Ok, so it was pure bs luck that I am not picking glass outta my teeth but it's kinda cool to know that works.

On a positve note, her union jack was not on that stand. If it was, we were going back to retrieve it.

Trevor
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I'd like to have a moment of silence for Modrey's lost chrome ..... 8)
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Holy Doodle!

But she is OK, right? !!
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

Well she's sad because she lost a mirror stem and three mirrors I think but other than that I assume she's ok.

I am pretty sure her exaust gasket burned out yesterday. I could smell something frying after a rest stop and the exhaust note changed. She started to burn fuel faster and couldn't go quite as fast so we reduced our travelling speed to 100k for the last couple of hours and everybody made it home safe and sound.

Trevor
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

Glad to hear all got home safe and sound!

Scooter rally = ADVENTURE!
I was a mod before you was a mod.
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

Who is going to Calgary that has a little trailer space available? I won't be able to get my bike to Calgary in our van as we are taking my daughters with us to visit gramma.

Let me know and thanks in advance,

Jeff
I was a mod before you was a mod.
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I'm getting the scoot looked at on Friday, it's due for a 15k servicing anyways, and I've mentioned that the bike is sounding loud and obnoxious to me now. Fingers crossed, it should be ready for Calgary, but I don't think I'll make it to bike night this week.

About the mirrors, it was quite tragic...also because IT BROKE MY FRONT RACK. >_<

Anyways, the long...long...looooooooong ride home left me with much time to think about...well, everything. I'm taking my mirrors, and the leg shield crash bars off my GTS. The crash bars will be ebayed off unless someone from the club wants to make an offer on them. The mirrors and what's left of them will be saved for whatever I buy as my "rally bike". My GTS will then be my workhorse bike, and will have it's name changed to "clyde".

This also does two very spectacular things for me...it gives me a bike which is easy to keep clean for rallys and bike events, because it won't be used much...and it gives me Clyde which can look all sorts of awful and I won't be distressed about it.

That's the plan,
Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

LibertineAudrey wrote:. The mirrors and what's left of them will be saved for whatever I buy as my "rally bike".

That's the plan,
Cheers
I see this in your future. I saw the look on your face when you saw Ron's in Kelowna.

Trevor
Whizzer

Post by Whizzer »

Shiney......drool......me want shiney.Now you know how I feel after a good ride Trevor. Sound good for the ride to the big C. I"ll snivel to the bossman to get the extra 1/2 day off for the ride. Shannon give me a call when you get to Red Deer and I'll meet the pack. (cell 403-357-9998). Glad you guy's had a good ride out and back. I rode up to Etown Sunday but only a few showed for coffee (everyone in Kolowna).
Cheers
Dale
Haynes manual + tools=danger
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Anyone else wanting to ride to Calgary?

Dale, we will call you once we get to Red Deer. I'm glad you are able to make it to the Calgary rally.

Shannon
nocattle

Post by nocattle »

LibertineAudrey wrote:I'm getting the scoot looked at on Friday, it's due for a 15k servicing anyways, and I've mentioned that the bike is sounding loud and obnoxious to me now. Fingers crossed, it should be ready for Calgary, but I don't think I'll make it to bike night this week.

About the mirrors, it was quite tragic...also because IT BROKE MY FRONT RACK. >_<

Anyways, the long...long...looooooooong ride home left me with much time to think about...well, everything. I'm taking my mirrors, and the leg shield crash bars off my GTS. The crash bars will be ebayed off unless someone from the club wants to make an offer on them. The mirrors and what's left of them will be saved for whatever I buy as my "rally bike". My GTS will then be my workhorse bike, and will have it's name changed to "clyde".

This also does two very spectacular things for me...it gives me a bike which is easy to keep clean for rallys and bike events, because it won't be used much...and it gives me Clyde which can look all sorts of awful and I won't be distressed about it.

That's the plan,
Cheers
When you write, "IT BROKE MY FRONT RACK" all capitolized like that...
Kinda like Pamela Anderson?
Well, anyways, WAY TO COWBOY UP!

Mod look and set-up are a pain to maintain. They will rub into the bike leaving marks at some point. They'll bend hurting plastic panels. The large windscreen can fall off even during trailering. (that was my first rally trip to Victoria) Basically it's Ikea furniture, not made to last through moving. And they need to be removed during most simple maintainance procedures. Didn't I email you some guy selling his mirrors/stems cheap? No, I'm keeping mine.

My advice is keep the crashbars on. Not only do they add flash, but they serve actual practical purpose. Mine are all scratched up, and not all of my own doing. Parking lot assholes and their car doors. Runaway Safeway carts. Soft asphalt on hot days. Etc. Keep the crash bars utilitarian.

Dear Angelo,
263 fantastic km! Piston still looks great. The welded crank... not so good.
That's all you need to know. The rest is lies, rumour and misinformation.
giddyup