SS90

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Angelo

SS90

Post by Angelo »

Kevin,
What happened? Do you have anything to share?

Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Just a scam, but a clever one at that.

I chatted with E-bay about this one, they were impressed to the level the fellow went to. He crafted up the forge and sent it through the e-bay message system with a forged username (which looked identical to the previous seller). A cleverly crafted space at the end made it through the system. The message itself was exatly like an original Second Chance Offer.

The only thing that gave it away was the second message that he sent. One went through the e-bay system and the second he sent seperatly just in case the e-bay message didn't go through. Remeber when i mentioned that the e-mails didn't match up but the usernames did?

If a user didn't have contact with the seller through e-mail they could have fallen for it.
  • One gets an e-mail stating the second chance offer. check
    One logs into E-bay to double check the message came though them. check
    One looks at usernames to make see if its the same seller. check (but who is going to see an extra space)
But I'm sure if one started talking to the scammer the method of payment would been some form of wire transfer to Trinidad or some crazy place like that. Alarm bells would then go off.

Kudo's to the fellow, he got me excited.