Motorcycle show this weekend!

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

furnaceman

Motorcycle show this weekend!

Post by furnaceman »

If you are going to the motorcycle show this weekend we are heading there on Friday evening after 6:30 (when tory gets home) So if you want to go on Friday mabye we can all meet up or something.
I believe Kevin and Kathy are joining us.

Bruce.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Have fun guys n gals. I am going with my son Friday afternoon (subject to Royal Assent).
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

If the weather is okay and the roads stay clear, I'm hoping to make it on Saturday. If not, I will have to live vicariously through everyone's posts.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Saturday for me....not sure what time of the day, probably early before it gets to crazy.....

May I ask who Sowelu is? have we ever met?

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Hello Angelo,

I believe we met at the Apocalypse Rally in August. I'm Torrie's (teenytinytorrie from Calgary) friend. I was riding on the back of Torrie's scoot, spent the day in RJ's side car and then was banished (not really, I volunteered) to my car to help bring the food and stuff to the Gymkhana at the rally.

Torrie and Ron finally convinced me to buy a scooter (which arrives in May from Kelowna) and with some prodding on Torrie's part I contacted Bruce about joining your club as Edmonton is the closest city to St. Paul.

Bruce was great at passing on the info. (Thanks again, Bruce.) I wanted to make sure I followed directions or as Bruce put it:

"Btw we havo our own forums on our webpage at http://www.crudecityscooterclub.com/ go there and check it out and sign up and post something ok!!!
i mean or ELSE!!!
lol"

So here I am and now I have two official posts. :D

A little long winded and convoluted,

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Hey Shannon,

Cool! Thanks for the intro, I'm thinking I do remember meeting you now, but I'm much better with names than faces :D

I'm glad that you joined up and look forward to further posts!

If you have an Idea of when / If you will be in Edm on Sat and attending the show, post it here and I might bump into you...

Cheers
Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hey Sowelu

Great to have you on board. We chatted a fair bit at the apocolypse rally. So what did you end up getting for a scooter?

The wife and kids and I will be going to the show on saturday morning, relatively early. Keeps the rest of the day free for stuff the kids have on the go.

Keep the shiny side up.

Coyoteran
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Hey Coyoteran,

I was very lucky and Ron at Vespa Kelowna was great. He gave me a sweet deal on a red Boulevard (just waiting to sign off on the sales contract). Alas, it is not the Vespa I was hoping for, but it is a good starter scoot and one that fit better with my budget.

Hopefully, in a few years I can upgrade to a Vespa.

It looks like I will be at the motorcycle show in the early evening on Saturday (weather permitting), around 5:30ish. I was hoping to go sooner, but a the friend that I'm going with won't be finish work until 4:30.

Oh well, it will give more time to sleep in before I endure the 2 hour trek to Edmonton.

Shannon
teenytinytorrie

Post by teenytinytorrie »

Oh sure Shannon, you hop on the forum and everyone talks to you...me I get one liners from Delia...poor poor me.

Anyway...I am hoping the MP3 will be showing in Edmonton, it was pretty neat, great concept....Enjoy the show, I know I had a riot at ours
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Trevor give me a call tonight and maybe we can hook up...

Cheers
Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Torrie,
You know that we love you to pieces up here in the tundra called Edmonton.....I can't wait to see the MP3, not really something I would buy, but I want to check out the technology...

Ciao
Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
teenytinytorrie

your sweet.

I really must recommend that you check out the demo on the MP3..the angle that it holds is amazing....and judging by how tired the guys at our show were at the end of the day from doing this made the requests that much more fun (sorry Ron, but it was funny watching you ALL day leaning the bike)
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Hey Torrie,

The reason they responded with more than one line is not because they love me more than you. It has to do more with the smell of fresh blood err.. I mean the curiosity of having a new member join the forum. :)

I still love you and will endeavor to respond with more than one line. (Even if I have to make something up so that my response is more than one line.) :lol:
teenytinytorrie

chuckle chuckle chuckle...hey girl, do me a favour and let me know if TopGear has there new shirts yet...and if they don't bug them for a release date
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

You mean the shirt that says "Yes I'm an elitist, I ride a scotter!" copyrighted by teenytinytorrie?