Wanted: P-series Vespa

A place to peddle and look for stuff

Moderator: Moderators

LibertineAudrey

Wanted: P-series Vespa

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I'm officially looking for a P-series Vespa, mechanical soundness and a fair price are my biggest criteria. Local preffered.

Let me know if you guys hear of anything, I'll be checking kijiji and craigslist religiously.

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Have you seen ?

I know nothing of it though.

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicl ... dZ65620896

Captainwhoopass

Post by Captainwhoopass »

Hey Audrey,

I know that there is a local guy who may have a silver P200 for sale. I believe it is a 2004 or something - so I assume that it is a European import. It looks freakin' awesome.

I have no idea how much he wants for it or any other details. I had contacted him once in regards to it when I though I had some spare change to throw at a new scooter.

He is on modernvespa.com under the name toobroke. You can probably get in touch with him that way.

Also Top Gear has a nice yellow one (that apparently was featured on Corner Gas). Every one there has assured me it is mechanically sound, but nobody seems to have much history on it other than it may have come from SK. I know the asking price is $4K - but I reckon they can be talked down.

I too have my ear to the ground for the right geared Vespa, but I don't think I'll be buying until next year.

Good luck!
If you can't chrome it, curry it.
If you can't curry it, throw it away.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

The Corner Gas scoot was at a pawn shop last year.

I don't remember who looked at it, but it ran at the time with some coaxing. At the time it needed work and was noted as rusty. I don't think it was a 4k scoot then unless its been really gone over and fixed.
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

The "corner gas" scoot was in the pawn shop by my house for a long time, they wanted 3k for it and would not budge. TG bought it for 3K and now wants 4k, I don't know what they did to it service wise.
I was a mod before you was a mod.
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Hey all, thanks for the leads...

Re: p200E with chrome Cowls, called the guy the day after it was posted, on his cell, at home, and emailed. Never heard back from him. Possibly irritated him out of contacting me :/

Re: The import PX. I think they guy is asking too much. It might be worth that much, and that's fair, but he's asking what he is mostly because he imported it, it sounds like. No offense to the guy, but I don't really care how rare it is.

Re: The Corner Gas scoot, I just have a bad feeling about it, because I remember when it was in the pawn shop. I might be throwing away a good opportunity there for no real reason, but I firmly believe in spending money on what's right for you...and that just doesn't seem to be it.

I may try lowballing TooBroke, but he's already been quite clear he's in no rush to sell. Luckily, I'm not in much rush to buy, either.

Thanks again for looking for me everyone, I appreciate it.

Edit: OK, so this thread inspired me to phone again after the chromey P200E....actually got through! I'm going to look at it on Friday, any tips incase I can't talk someone into looking at it with me?
All hail Emperor Kang!
queued

Post by queued »

I know she bought that white P, but let me explain the case of that silver 2005 P200.

Piaggio just this august has made the last P series.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/7576529.stm

What you have is a brand new P200 motor, which you can't buy any more and it's in your city. This is such a deal. They were selling PX150 for $6K. Someone needs to buy this, you'll be holding on to an icon. I already have two P's, so someone step up and buy it before it goes to the dump. It's been sitting for months and months!
toobroke

Post by toobroke »

queued wrote:I know she bought that white P, but let me explain the case of that silver 2005 P200.

What you have is a brand new P200 motor, which you can't buy any more and it's in your city. This is such a deal. They were selling PX150 for $6K. Someone needs to buy this, you'll be holding on to an icon. I already have two P's, so someone step up and buy it before it goes to the dump. It's been sitting for months and months!

Thanks for the post. I own that PX and I'm glad to know that some people have the facts right on the scoot. She's rare but it's time for me to move on regarding scoots.

As far as audrey, she knew the price up front and really should not of wasted my time if she wasn't prepared to buy. What's worse is for her to air her laundry regarding a lowball offer on a rare PX. Classless.

Cheers.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

toobroke wrote:
queued wrote:I know she bought that white P, but let me explain the case of that silver 2005 P200.

Thanks for the post. I own that PX and I'm glad to know that some people have the facts right on the scoot. She's rare but it's time for me to move on regarding scoots.

As far as audrey, she knew the price up front and really should not of wasted my time if she wasn't prepared to buy. What's worse is for her to air her laundry regarding a lowball offer on a rare PX. Classless.

Cheers.

Ya, well Audrey didn't say anything wrong. She told it like it is. When you try and sell something (no matter how rare it is ) you will get offers, some may offend you, deal with it.
Last edited by Angelo on Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Hey, that's capitalism. When the revolution comes, and it is coming brothers and sisters and metros, they'll just take your scooter!
toobroke

Post by toobroke »

Angelo wrote:
toobroke wrote:

Cheers.

Ya, well Audrey didn't say anything wrong. She told it like it is. When you try and sell something (no matter how rare it is ) you will get offers, some may offend you, deal with it.
There's always opinion's from third party "know it alls" who have to chime in.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Wow, this is our first nasty thread on the forum.

Cool.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Couple of observations. I saw the first advert for that p200. And it didn't sell. So to combat the lack of movement the strategy was to increase the asking price. It climbed twice if I am not mistaken.

Second observation. One really shouldn't call out ppl they don't really know on the internet. But seeing as the precedent has already been set. The so-called "third party know it alls" as you so eloquently put it, have forgotten more about scooters than you will ever hope to know.

They, however, are nice guys. Me..not so much. So take your asshat little comments and hit the bricks sunshine.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
toobroke

Post by toobroke »

As your little minds power trip on being so called "site administrators and moderators" may I remind you that I don't need your recalcitrance remarks. You could not resist having to pipe in on a thread you need not of responded to. Fuck you. Ban me from your site. Remove my posts.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Too Broke,

It has been six months since Audrey bought the white scoot -- and without one word of criticism of your scoot BTW. You are the only one talking about banning and post removal. What gives?