Destinations unknown

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Angelo

Destinations unknown

Post by Angelo »

I'm going to post my eamil here on the forum in the hopes of a better response. My first attempt yielded one response. If this year is going to be more fun with Destinations unknown, it will because of your ideas, so lets throw some Ideas around! Thanks for your response Trevor

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to start a list of peoples ideas of destinations for rides during the Spring,summer and fall riding season. This could include places for breakfast, lunch, destinations out of town, I'm think max 1hr riding in each direction for now. Trevor, we are planning a ride to Mornville and may you can figure out a good place for lunch? ( for once we would put the miles on our scoots instead of always you!) I will start a list so please contribute.

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
furnaceman

Post by furnaceman »

I think Igor's idea of the reynolds museum in wetaskiwin was a good one.

mabye a ride to miquelon lake near leduc for a lunch and mabye a dip in the lake would be good as well.

Bruce
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

When we show up for the rally, I insist on a group ride to the best ice cream and donair joint in town. If not a group ride, it is up to you Angelo as host extrordinaire to do it.
Yeah...whatever
teenytinytorrie

Post by teenytinytorrie »

ok I am with you on the ice-cream Daisy.....but can we also add in the deep fried mars bars?
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi all

I have an idea for the best ice-cream place in town if you prefer gelato. And if gelato is not really your thing it is right beside a Bernard Calabout chocolate store. Props to Tra-Amici for good coffee but I am partial to the stuff they make at the gelato place. Best hard ice cream is in St Albert if you prefer the foothills creamery brand. That marbal slab stuff is lame lame lame compared to this.

I am afraid that I can't really help with the donair thing in town but Amandas pizza in morinville makes a damn fine donair. But for a truly unique dining experience in Edmonton I would put my money on Sunbake Pita any day of the week. Lebonese bakery that makes fresh warm pitas on site and several versions of pita/pizza pie with halal meat or spinach or lebanese cream cheese or spices. And it is a hole in the wall with limited seating and a wave of heat from the gas fired ovens right behind the food prep area. Three doors down from a bakery that makes nothing but baklava. mmmmmmmmmm.......baaaklaaaaavvaaaaaaa.

What can I say, I like to eat.... A lot.
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

mmmmm.... gelato. Anywhere with gelato is fine by me.
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
furnaceman

Post by furnaceman »

the Donair place my my house is pretty good otherwise there's always charles smart on whyte ave by millcreek

Bruce
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

teenytinytorrie wrote:ok I am with you on the ice-cream Daisy.....but can we also add in the deep fried mars bars?
Oh YEAH baby!
Yeah...whatever
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

coyoteran wrote:Hi all

I have an idea for the best ice-cream place in town if you prefer gelato. And if gelato is not really your thing it is right beside a Bernard Calabout chocolate store. Props to Tra-Amici for good coffee but I am partial to the stuff they make at the gelato place. Best hard ice cream is in St Albert if you prefer the foothills creamery brand. That marbal slab stuff is lame lame lame compared to this.

I am afraid that I can't really help with the donair thing in town but Amandas pizza in morinville makes a damn fine donair. But for a truly unique dining experience in Edmonton I would put my money on Sunbake Pita any day of the week. Lebonese bakery that makes fresh warm pitas on site and several versions of pita/pizza pie with halal meat or spinach or lebanese cream cheese or spices. And it is a hole in the wall with limited seating and a wave of heat from the gas fired ovens right behind the food prep area. Three doors down from a bakery that makes nothing but baklava. mmmmmmmmmm.......baaaklaaaaavvaaaaaaa.

What can I say, I like to eat.... A lot.
Sold Sold Sold and if I dont get to go I am going to cry! Does the Lebonese place serve shawarma's? or have I got my ethnic groups wrong again.....

OMG YUM
Yeah...whatever
teenytinytorrie

ok so let me get this straight..the rally in Edmonton is to be all about food...and good food...not good for you food...this will be great!! Now I am really really excited...
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

Hell ya....so why isnt food in the rally theme? hahha
Yeah...whatever
furnaceman

Post by furnaceman »

Hell ya....so why isnt food in the rally theme? hahha

Mabye we should re name the rally to 007 the pounds of food consumed per hour.

LOL
Bruce.
teenytinytorrie

hehehe...I have a theory...if you only eat "junk food" then the body can only digest so much and the rest gets "shoved" out,...sooo you don't actually gain weight. That is unless you eat vegtables and gross stuff that the body needs..that is the stuff that sticks around. THAT IS MY THEORY AND I AM STICKING TO IT
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Does the Lebonese place serve shawarma's? or have I got my ethnic groups wrong again.....
Yep you bet. But chicken only, and these fantastic little pockets that have spinach or meat or sausage in them. Big big fan of the spinach pockets myself.

Keep the shiny side up all.
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

teenytinytorrie wrote:hehehe...I have a theory...if you only eat "junk food" then the body can only digest so much and the rest gets "shoved" out,...sooo you don't actually gain weight. That is unless you eat vegtables and gross stuff that the body needs..that is the stuff that sticks around. THAT IS MY THEORY AND I AM STICKING TO IT
Ummm .... Torrie do you even know what a vegtable is? :lol:
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris