Info

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

Sowelu

Info

Post by Sowelu »

A friend of mine is looking for info on a bike and I'm hoping someone might know what he's talking about or where to look for info on the bike.

Here is the info he sent me:

Ah yes the odd bike. The only name I have ever heard of it as is a "Buffalo". Its a 3 cyclinder, shaft drive. No idea the maker or the year. I believe (but don't quote me) that it is a 750 cc.

Thanks

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
DoesDerbiCount?

Just something straight from google!

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

"The GT750 was unveiled to much fanfare at the 1971 Tokyo show. This was Suzuki's answer to the Honda CB750, and the Kawasaki H2, but was very different to both. Driven by an in-line 3 cylinder 2-stroke engine, the 'Water Buffalo' was also liquid cooled. Suzuki surprisingly opted for drum brakes (on the original), but the front was a 9 inch 4-leading shoe design, so was actually reasonably powerful. The engine was very impressive, with a nice flat torque curve, and good acceleration from as low as 2000rpm. Like the T500, the GT750 got top marks for handling and comfort. Detailing on the bike was also of an exceptionally high standard. Clearly, Suzuki wanted this flagship machine to represent the Company in the best light possible.

Power in 1972 was 67@6500, with torque of 51.7@5500. Wet weight was 524lb's."

Apparently known as the GT750 'water buffalo.'
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Thanks for the info. You rock!!!

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Not bad looking either....for a Suzuki
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-