The Widow

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

redbike

The Widow

Post by redbike »

An old man and woman were married for many years, and they remained together even though they hated each other. When they had a row, screaming and yelling could be heard deep into the night. The old man would shout, 'When I die, I will dig my way up and out of the grave and come back and haunt you for the rest of your life!' Neighbors feared him. Some even believed he practiced black magic, because of the many strange occurrences that took place in their neighborhood.

The old man liked the fact that he was feared. Finally, and to everyone's relief, he died of a heart attack when he was 93.

His wife had the casket closed at the service. After the burial, she went straight to the local bar and began to enjoy herself quite heartily, as if she had not a thought for the death of her husband and the day's events.

Her neighbors, concerned for her safety, asked, 'Aren't you afraid that he may able to fulfill his threat and dig his way up and out of the grave to come back to haunt you for the rest of your life?'

The wife put down her drink and said, 'Let him dig away; I had him buried upside down.'
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.