Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Ford Zephyr?

Post by jbcollier »

Mercury Zephyr

Ford Fairmont
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Please tell me you haven't sold the Volvo! althought the 2 below are surely good replacements :lol:

Last edited by Angelo on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Nope, just something that came up while working on Al's scoot.
redbike

Post by redbike »

Both, apparently. Wiki search shows that various of the Ford divisions had the Zephyr:

"For other Ford related cars called Zephyr, see Mercury Zephyr, Lincoln-Zephyr, and Lincoln Zephyr.
The Ford Zephyr is a car manufactured by the Ford Motor Company in the United Kingdom. Between 1950 and 1962, it was sold as a more powerful six cylinder saloon to complement the four cylinder Ford Consul: from 1962 the Zephyr itself was offered in both four and six cylinder versions.
The Zephyr and its luxury variant, the Zephyr Zodiac which appeared in 1955, were the largest passenger cars in the British Ford range from 1950 till before being replaced in 1971 by a larger Ford Consul and Granada."
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
RyanRumsey

Post by RyanRumsey »

Wow, those are interesting cars! I remember when I was young and my Mom drove me around in her white 2-door 1974 Pontiac Parisienne, no seat belts, an analog clock on the dash, and 8-tracks all the time. Ahhh, those were the days...