2009 - Plan 9 Rally wrap up

Local and distant events

Moderator: Moderators

Angelo

2009 - Plan 9 Rally wrap up

Post by Angelo »

I would like to personal thank everyone that was involved in this year's rally, from the planning to the excution (No matter how small the detail)
it all takes time out of our personal lives, but it's this time invested that makes each years rally unique and special and it is greatly appreciated.

In the end If we all had a good time, made new friends or Reacquainted ourselves with old friends, if we all get home safely, with stories to tell and we all shared laugher and good cheer then it was all worth it.

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

High kids on bicycles and boobs on the beach were some of my favorite parts.
Cgreeno

Thanks for a great 1st rally!!!

Post by Cgreeno »

We just wanted to say a really big thank you to all of you that hung back with us throughout the weekend ride. Our little 50cc`s made it! You are all a great bunch of people. This was our first rally of many we intend on attending as it was so much fun. Thanks for all of your hard efforts to make this happen for guests like ourselves. Hope to see you all around town!

Christine & James Greeno (LX50 and ET2 - KISS)
queued

Post by queued »

The broom was my favourite part - can you include that on every rally? Cheers. Paget
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

I will bring a broom to Calgary! WHACK!

Awesome rally, 400K on the scoot, 7 hours sleep over the weekend, thanks again to everyone that made it happen! Great to see all our wonderful friends from out of town, we all really appreciate the effort you make to come to our shindig.

Can I have an honourable mention for hard luck? After riding all weekend with a sprained ankle and no front break, my front shock cracked on the way back from Sherwood Park today, I bodged it enough to scoot across town and meet up with an old friend for coffee this evening. 2 blocks from the University I suffered a rear blow out. :cry:

What a weekend!
I was a mod before you was a mod.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Damn, your last minute efforts to win were just a few hours too late!

Order in the parts and we'll have a bit of a repair-a-thon to get her back on the road again!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

jeffthemod wrote:I will bring a broom to Calgary! WHACK!

Awesome rally, 400K on the scoot, 7 hours sleep over the weekend, thanks again to everyone that made it happen! Great to see all our wonderful friends from out of town, we all really appreciate the effort you make to come to our shindig.

Can I have an honourable mention for hard luck? After riding all weekend with a sprained ankle and no front break, my front shock cracked on the way back from Sherwood Park today, I bodged it enough to scoot across town and meet up with an old friend for coffee this evening. 2 blocks from the University I suffered a rear blow out. :cry:

What a weekend!
Man that sucks, but considering the challenges that were thrown at the old
scooters, they all faired fairly well. I'm in on the repair-athon

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

queued wrote:The broom was my favourite part - can you include that on every rally? Cheers. Paget
Consider it done! :wink:

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Re: Thanks for a great 1st rally!!!

Post by Angelo »

Cgreeno wrote:We just wanted to say a really big thank you to all of you that hung back with us throughout the weekend ride. Our little 50cc`s made it! You are all a great bunch of people. This was our first rally of many we intend on attending as it was so much fun. Thanks for all of your hard efforts to make this happen for guests like ourselves. Hope to see you all around town!

You were both welcomed additions to the Rally weekend. Looking forward to many years of scooting together!

- Dustin Kott-
LibertineAudrey

Re: Thanks for a great 1st rally!!!

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Angelo wrote:
Cgreeno wrote:We just wanted to say a really big thank you to all of you that hung back with us throughout the weekend ride. Our little 50cc`s made it! You are all a great bunch of people. This was our first rally of many we intend on attending as it was so much fun. Thanks for all of your hard efforts to make this happen for guests like ourselves. Hope to see you all around town!

You were both welcomed additions to the Rally weekend. Looking forward to many years of scooting together!
Agreed, you guys had an AWESOME sense of humour about everything. Hope to see you out at some meetings and club stuff soon!

Did the trophy survive the ride home with the dollar store bungees?

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
Rick

Post by Rick »

Ya let's hear the breakdown on the winners of the trophies!!! I am curious who won!!!
Whizzer

Post by Whizzer »

Thanks all, great time again this year. Thanks John for the room. Managed to stay out of jail for another year.
Cheers Dale
Haynes manual + tools=danger
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

As far as I can remember:

Best Modern: Christine's LX50 (nice looking and goes the distance!)

Best Vintage: Darren's GS150 (original and drop dead you know what)

Best Mod: Shaun's VBB (?)

Longest Travelled: Ron and Torrie (sp?)

People's Choice: Trevor and Charlene's Burgman 650

Hard Luck: Mike Paget (sp?) (Had to toss a beer away)
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Dale, It is always great to have you with us.

Thanks to your example, I am also starting to see the attraction of a twist-the-key-and-go, reliable, modern scoot!
pk50

Post by pk50 »

Rally 9 from outer-space was a blast . Thanks from Chris + I to everyone for the great rides and company. After the trophies were awarded i meant to thank Shannon's mum for the great brunch , but we were off in a cloud of blue smoke before i remembered , so please pass that on. Graham