Ridin with the big dogs.

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Ridin with the big dogs.

Post by coyoteran »

Hi all. As you may or may not know, I currently work shift. That means that I get damn few "weekends" off. So when I do, I try to find an activity that regular work week folks engage in. Today, I took a spin with the local chapter of the Defenders Motorcycle Club. The defenders are primarily Cdn military, and police.

Met up a 0900 @ starbucks where a POW/MIA rally was in the process of forming up. Think toy run twins with an uber patriotic bend. So, the scorn displayed to a scooter with a Canadian plate was palpable. We weren't part of the rally but we met in the same parking lot.

Small group. An old goldwing, a totally dressed out 1800 vtx, an 883 that had seen better days, an ST1300, and the Yeti with Charlene and I aboard, the only couple. As the route was being planned, one of the long term members turns to me and says "Can ya do 70?" Mwaaaahahahahah. I said, "Don't worry about me." Really, in a long straight line I lose but the wing and the VTX are losing chrome in the turns long before me and the 883...well its a harley dogshitsen. It can't get out of it's own way. And this is Colorado. There are no long straight lines.

Anyways, beautiful ride from the springs to Cripple Creek. Lotsa bikes. Lotsa twisties. I think the highest altitude was around 11000 ft. The yeti ran like a champ. The wing slowed to an impossilby slow 70kph, the vtx dragged in the corners and 883 couldn't get out of 4th gear. Modries/Johns GTS could have outpaced the lot. The ST was staying with the group to be polite mind you.

Colorado may not have the best riding in North America...but I bet it's in the top 3. I plan to do more...soon. You oughtta join me. I know this guy who has two scooters.......:)

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Since you offered. I promise it will happen! Thanks for the update. I can see your sh*t eating grin from here as you left the old metal behind...

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-