Stolen Scooter?

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Macgyyver

Stolen Scooter?

Post by Macgyyver »

Anyone recognize this ride?

2006 LX150 Plum & white w/white seat. Locks jacked. No battery, no keys, minor damage.

Ended up at Kastner Auction on the weekend, and the cops say it was stolen in April.

https://flic.kr/p/nu1nUx

Didn't see anyone post it here as stolen, but the cops are looking into it.
=~=~=
2001 Vino YJ50 2-stroke (Just rolled 26,000kms - yes that's right - 26!)
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom "Blaze"
2006 new to me Vespa LX150 8,000kms with character
2006 hand-me-down Vespa LX150 33,000kms
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

I do recognize that bike. The guy came out for a couple of rides back in 07 or 08. Never saw him again and don't remember his name. Not a lot of help am I.

(edit)
And that pipe is awesome. It was the same one I had on the ET4. That is definitely the same bike.

Keep em shiny

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
rbielby

Stolen scooter

Post by rbielby »

Christ. I got up first time in life sat at that auction morning till night to bid on that scooter, man I had no idea auctions didn't check that stuff first! It was my first auction too! I guess I can be happy in the end I was outbidded, good to know for next time then.

Sorry missed you all this week, hopefully see ya next week.
Macgyyver

Post by Macgyyver »

They usually do check, however… there's the possibility of fault in everything.

There's a website you can check the VIN to see if it was stolen, and you can visit AMA and for a fee can run a few reports. Not all of the reports apply to 2-wheelers, but really, your best check is directly from the police.

You can grab the VIN yourself before the auction at the viewing, and some places will give it to you over the phone so you can do the check in advance.

http://www.cpic-cipc.ca/index-eng.htm

http://app.cpic-cipc.ca/English/search.cfm

http://members.shaw.ca/autotheftcanada/ ... check.html
=~=~=
Macgyyver

Post by Macgyyver »

Oh, and with Kastner Auctions, you can follow along online - check their website. You can even listen - they stream the audio/video of it too if your equipment can manage it.
=~=~=
rbielby

Post by rbielby »

Thanks, yes I knew about on-line but wanted to "appear" in person first time, good info to know!
Macgyyver

Post by Macgyyver »

Man, when I found out how many lots… I doubted they'd finish in one day! I usually only attend auctions in YYC that end by 2 or 3pm! You're less a shlub than I!!
=~=~=
jthedj

That's My Bike

Post by jthedj »

Hey Guys so after a long freaking ordeal My bike is currently at Vespa Edmonton Getting an estimate for insurance. it's not in as bad of shape as I was Expecting but still needs some work to fix. Alberta cycle is stating that it will be 2nd week of July before they can get to work on it. I hear that John is the man that can help me get it back on the road quicker. I don't mind paying for the work (Alberta Cycle will rape me especially on parts) so if anyone knows his shops number and I can send the estimate his way that would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to ride with you guys again when I get the Time.

Jay
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Glad you got it back Jay. As I PMed you, I'm out of town until mid-July.
jthedj

Got my repair bill from Vespa Edmonton

Post by jthedj »

Wow are these guys on glue!!! $2700 for the repairs on this thing from the dealer. I've priced out my parts need from scooter west $1000 bucks less than what they are asking and they say 7.5 hrs of labour which I think is extremely excessive. Anyone out there care to help me fix this up?? I can order the parts just want to make sure I've got the right ones and then a bit of time with the ignition. body work should be a piece of cake I just don't know about the wiring. any help would be appreciated.

Jay
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Tuff time of year for workshops. Many of us are away or going to be on vacation soon or many times throughout the summer. Shop rates can be steep and non-negotiable, right or wrong it is what it is.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Paul S

Post by Paul S »

I would be careful throwing around the term Vespa Edmonton. You might give people the wrong idea that they actually care about scooters.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I have a huge backlog of work when I get back in mid-July. That said, I can help with the wiring and ignition as long as you are willing to take care of everything else.

It would also be much easier if you could bring the scoot to me rather than me trying to cart all my tools to you. I'm in the university area.
redbike

Post by redbike »

Vespa Edmonton??? Alberta Cycle, or .....?