Approx Mile 47 of the Alaska Highway

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Kevin

Approx Mile 47 of the Alaska Highway

Post by Kevin »

Hey Hey Hey...

Its been a very long time since i've checked in.

I've been here for a couple of weeks and not a scooter to be seen. Very few hogs on the road, Way more KLR's out and about. I think the days are very numbered up here. As of this morning i think snow and ice are permanent on the roads for the remainder of winter.

I told Raz already, a while back i tracked down a P200e. Ridden part of 1 year then parked in the garage since. After a bunch of phone calls and visits with the old lady she let it go.

Next stop to call home for a while is approx Mile 300.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Damn you JC for making me all teary eye'd....
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Re: Approx Mile 47 of the Alaska Highway

Post by Angelo »

Kevin wrote:Hey Hey Hey...

Its been a very long time since i've checked in.

I've been here for a couple of weeks and not a scooter to be seen. Very few hogs on the road, Way more KLR's out and about. I think the days are very numbered up here. As of this morning i think snow and ice are permanent on the roads for the remainder of winter.

I told Raz already, a while back i tracked down a P200e. Ridden part of 1 year then parked in the garage since. After a bunch of phone calls and visits with the old lady she let it go.

Next stop to call home for a while is approx Mile 300.
what are you doing with the P? keeping it?
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Gonna ride it for a bit in the spring/summer then decide what to do with it after that. One of my sisters is looking for a scoot. Maybe thin the heard of a smallie and keep the P200 for funzies.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

P200s make a great ride/rally scoot: reliable and enough power to relax and enjoy the ride.
redbike

Post by redbike »

Smallie? Did you say smallie? :D
pk50

Post by pk50 »

Good to hear from you Kevin . You work to much me thinks. Look forward to seeing you over the big cold.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

John, i did say smallie :wink: :wink:

Graham, i do infact work too much. I made it all the way up to mile 300 yesterday for a job. Finished in 2 hours. Turned around and headed to Grande Prairie for today. Got another call at 3pm and now i find myself back at mile 47. (that's Fort St John for you guys playing along.) The lady manning the counter at Robins Donuts at Mile 0 is starting to recognize me :(

I'm just finishing up a phone system program now, then i get to head home tomorrow after a beer and a sleep tonight.