Carburetor workshop Saturday 8th

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Kevin

Carburetor workshop Saturday 8th

Post by Kevin »

Scotts carburetor bits have shown up. And we are planning on fitting them to his Lambretta of carbon fibre on Saturday. Not much notice I know. But what ever.

He's swapping from a 35mm to i think a 30 or maybe it was a 28. Should make it a bit more manageable for city riding we think. We are also gonna reroute his throttle cable. It sticks wide open at the moment. Ask Scoot how scary that was! So either we find out what is cause the bind or find a better path way.

I'm working late tonight reprogramming a bunch of network switches for a client. I don't imagine I'll be somewhat mobile till around 9:30am or 10:00 am. We are really just gonna wing what time we start.

So, lets say 11:00 or something like that. Maybe a bit later. Who the hell knows. Everyone is welcome to come by, laugh, point, make fun, what ever suits your fancy.

I do have dogs so you are aware. Dachshunds. 3 of them are really good. The fourth (Hank) has been known to nip He is very protective. He's only bit my dad and RedBike. Sorry again John. If your not comfortable I'll introduce Hank to you and everything will be good if you want to go into the yard.

Scoot parking will be at the back alley garage driveway.

Cliff notes:
New carb for Scott at Kevin's back garage. Saturday the 8th. Not too early, might be tired. Dogs.
Last edited by Kevin on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Enjoy! I'm puttering on the Europa and/or family.

Stick's wide open, I'd recommend using Depends!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Throttle cable was kinda frayed and mostly unwinding in the headset which then cause the binding and sticking. I think there maybe 2 or 3 strands holding the whole thing together in the end. A new inner solved this problem.

The new carb fuel end was on the right side verses the left side on the old carb. So a new fuel line too. I didn't have any hose clamps. Gonna pick them up at some point. Then i think we are ready to start it and adjust jetting.
david

Post by david »

I'm quite sure I have some extra hose clams. Your's if you want them (and I if I have them)
Ska'D for Life
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Already got some.

But thanks for the offer.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I forgot to ask, "Who's Scott?" and "WTF, carbon fiber?" !!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

totally missed this one. Heard about it on Sunday!

Glad it all worked out. Scott's a nice guy. met him in Calgary last year, good looking scoot...
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Scott the Scottie.

He was walking around Iconoclast Koffiehuis looking really out of place Sunday morning after ""Etown out for a rip" :D

You most likely talked with him and don't remember.

But yes, John, carbon fiber. Just a few accent pieces.

Glove box cover, mud guard, etc... blah blah TS1 blah.
No, seriously, pretty much the hole damn fucking thing.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Sounds pretty cool.

I might have met him but my short term memory is pretty much shot.

Get him sorted?