Buying a modern 50

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

rbielby

Post by rbielby »

Honda jazz is an awesome unit. Reminds me of my old razz. Lots of good fun and perfect for a smaller person.
Ryan Bielby
Former: Electric Bike 50cc (on good days), Yamaha Razz, Piaggio Typhoon 50, Derbi Boulivard 150. Now. Burgman 400 AN and Various old pedlie bikes I still keep around.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

The streets are safe no longer:

https://jbcollier.smugmug.com/Family/i-9CJpts9/A
rbielby

Post by rbielby »

Gone are the days of her bringing you tea in the garage now eh....
Ryan Bielby
Former: Electric Bike 50cc (on good days), Yamaha Razz, Piaggio Typhoon 50, Derbi Boulivard 150. Now. Burgman 400 AN and Various old pedlie bikes I still keep around.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Spoke too soon.

Her hands are somewhat twisted from arthritis and very difficult to fit into gloves. We managed to squeeze on a pair of oversize MTB gloves: leather but no armour. On her last ride she target locked on a curb and didn't miss. Took a small tumble and gave one hand quite a smack. Cracked the bone and she is now in a splint for 6 weeks.

No more riding this year.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Ouch! Very sorry to hear it. Target lock is a real issue. I have had at least one close call as a result of it. I wonder if there are any riding seminars or online resources that might address it? Does anyone know of anything?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

The CanBike course I teach for cyclists does a good job of showing you how to control a two wheeler with counter steering.
rbielby

Post by rbielby »

Sorry to hear. Hopefully it won't scare her off for next year. I have had several accidents both scooter and peddle over the years and each of them in time, has made me a better rider. Not that at the time I felt that way! M brother has R. athritis and has trouble on the handlebars, kudos to anyone that tries as it can be very debilitating for sure.
Ryan Bielby