Scootart?

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Andrew

Scootart?

Post by Andrew »

Hi all. Does anyone have any experience with JF at Scootart in Montreal? Having despaired of finding a decent traditional (manual shift 2-stroke) scooter on the west coast -- and I had high hopes of better selection in the bigger Vancouver market -- and having missed my chance at bringing one in from the States, given the dollar, I am looking farther afield in Canada. Scootart has a 1967 Li150 that we are discussing. He is quoting me a reasonable price for a very ugly (roller-painted) bike that he would put in very good running order. His prices for full restos are not bad either. It all sounds great -- any comments?
redbike

Post by redbike »

I've been to his shop, Andrew, and spent over an hour there talking to him and a technician. His restorations are really good and he knows what he's talking about. I would certainly consider dealing with him very seriously. Have you seen his Facebook page? He regularly posts about one gorgeous scooter after another. The paint shop he uses does the supercars in the Montreal area. Top notch restos from Scootart.
Last edited by redbike on Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Thanks, John. It was his facebook page that started the idea. As you know, I like sleepers that don't look like much (well, I even like ugly, beat-up scooters) but go like the wind. Looks like JF understands that as well as the gorgeously painted bikes he usually puts out.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I think I will get JF at Scootart to go through an ugly old Li150 and send it out to me. Maybe I'll get him to install a big bore kit: Lambrettisti, which ones do you recommend?

In the meanwhile, does anyone know this bike? Which "local shop" coukd have restored it?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-scooters-pocket- ... nFlag=true

Cherry blossoms are out on View St. Just saying.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

That scoot kinda looks like Marios' with a few new bits.

Cant say 100% for sure. Some of the chrome bits seem to line up with the parts that needed attention on his.
pk50

Post by pk50 »

I pop in and see him every time we go to montreal . He is a strait shooter and a true scooter lover . I would have no problem buying anything from him . 2 thumbs up .
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

If it is still a stock 125, it will be very slow. Kits available though.