Has anyone gone out riding yet?

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

daniel.larson2

Has anyone gone out riding yet?

Post by daniel.larson2 »

The roads (at least in the west end) are dry, with most gravel brushed to the side. Has anyone taken their scooters out yet? I took my Aprilia out for a short drive the other day, admittedly the wind chill was there but other than that, not too bad.
Sip another rum and coke, told a dirty joke.
DoesDerbiCount?

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

I'm doing my spring clean and tune up this weekend. Get most of the fluids swapped and then hopefully see all of you guys out there!

Dan Z.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I'm picking up a new battery while from Vespa Kelowna while I'm out visiting next week and hope to be out riding by the Easter long weekend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :wink:

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Street is still an ice covered rutted mess and they hate it when I drive on the sidewalk. Sux to not live on a bus route.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Yah I have 6" of Ice on the road just off the driveway. No luck here either. Perhaps I can practice slow turns on my driveway?
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

The hack will be out tomorrow!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

-13°C is a bit on the nippy side! Thank goodness for heated vests and grips. The rear tire has a tendency to light up at the least provocation which makes me grateful for the third wheel.

My apologies in advance for any incipient snowfalls, floods, plagues or swarms of locusts.
snoopy

Post by snoopy »

I went for a ride on my Burgman 650 Feb.5 2009 it was GREAT.
I drove 100km. around Edmonton the temp.was plus 5.
I was wearing my one piese suit and heated gloves.
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I might venture out this weekend, but the highways around here are going to be cooooooooold still. There's also some icey-dicey stuff close to home to contend with, but I think it might be melted off by this weekend. :\

Ho-hum...the wait is getting to me.
All hail Emperor Kang!
redbike

Post by redbike »

Roads around me are dry, if dirty with accumulated grit. But I can't get out of my frikkin' garage cause I'm on the shady side 'o the crescent and I've got 8 inches of ice in front of my garage. Same story every year...

On the bright side, fractured wrist is healed, cast is off and the long and painful physio began today. Will continue twice a week until I get some function back. As matters stand now, I can't even handle the old corn cob with my left hand, let alone get creative on a scoot.

Regards to all.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Glad you're healing and glad you're not trying to ride. Tons of sand, huge potholes and ice everywhere else.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Get better Red Bike.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Sorry about all this. I was pulling for the locusts myself...
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

jbcollier wrote:Sorry about all this. I was pulling for the locusts myself...
for ONCE! It's not my fault although I have to admit to wearing my helmet and gloves withthe Garage door open looking out towards the falling snow sobbing..... well maybe :cry: just a little bit. :cry:
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I was so sad to see snow in the Armpit. I was hoping that it would miss E-ville and that my dreams of finally getting to ride on Easter long weekend would come true. I guess my wish didn't come true. :cry:

Shannon