Need a place to service my scoot

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

akrticic

Need a place to service my scoot

Post by akrticic »

I knew this day would come sooner or later!
I've been able to service my Aprilia SR50 at Top Gear or smaller jobs at the condo parking lot. Now I need to split the case and replace the crank bearings and oil seals! I need a place to do this service. A shop or garage. I have all the tools just no place to do the work. Anyone interested in helping me?
Alen
Yarko

Post by Yarko »

We usually use John's (jbcollier's) place of work for the workshops, usually on designated Sundays. When we get another date for putting together my engine, I do not see why we couldn't accommodate you as well.
akrticic

Post by akrticic »

Thx Yarko. That would be great. My parts should arrive in the next few weeks. Can't wait to pop it open.
Hey John, can you pm me so we can touch base and see what weekend works for you. I appreciate your help.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Lets not volunteer John without asking him! I know that his schedule is busy. John is a really good guy, always willing to help and hardly saying no to anyone, but he should have the final say since it is his place of work and his time.

Also I feel it is neccassary to bring forward this point. We all like to help one another out and there is always some willing to, but we are a club and those that are seeking help should also understand that we have a club membership and it is a small investment for the help and knowledge that you gain from the club members.
Last edited by Angelo on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

sorry to hear about your engine case yarko
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
akrticic

Post by akrticic »

I couldn't agree with you more. I was hoping to join the club this summer and go for all the rides but the scoot has been down for months.
Angelo wrote: Also I feel it is neccassary to bring forward this point. We all like to help one another out and there is always some willing to, but we are a club and those that are seeking help should also understand that we have a club membership and it is a small investment for the help and knowledge that you gain from the club members.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Hi Everyone,

I have got to get Yarko's cases sorted first then we'll know when the next workshop is.

Akrticic,

Got your PM, thanks.

Have you done this job before? If not, do you know of a link to a SR50 manual so I can see what is involved?

-----

PS: I'm with Angelo on this one. I don't mind helping at all -- when I can -- but you should at least join the club.
david

Post by david »

For anyone that may not know I take care of memberships. I will not be at this Sunday's meeting as I will be trying to catch a big fat salmon, but I should be at the following meeting (Aug. 14). Always happy to have new members join our eclectic little club.
Ska'D for Life
jaelee

Post by jaelee »

i thought there was an aprilia dealership in the city...and as far as replacing a crank and some oil seals it won't be that hard just a pain in the ass
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Echo Cycle for Aprilia stuff.
akrticic

Post by akrticic »

jbcollier wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have got to get Yarko's cases sorted first then we'll know when the next workshop is.

Akrticic,

Got your PM, thanks.

Have you done this job before? If not, do you know of a link to a SR50 manual so I can see what is involved?

I haven't done this service before but I've had the scoot a-part many times and I'm very familiars with this engine. I used to service the Aprilias for Top Gear last year. I have the Haynes manual.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utVTLibE ... r_embedded
Why don't we meet for coffee sometimes and I could introduce myself?

-----

PS: I'm with Angelo on this one. I don't mind helping at all -- when I can -- but you should at least join the club.
akrticic

Post by akrticic »

david wrote:For anyone that may not know I take care of memberships. I will not be at this Sunday's meeting as I will be trying to catch a big fat salmon, but I should be at the following meeting (Aug. 14). Always happy to have new members join our eclectic little club.
Hi David
See you Aug 14. Let me know what you need from me.