Getting a Stella

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

bstanish

Getting a Stella

Post by bstanish »

So I looks like I am finally getting my Genuine Stella.

http://www.genuinescooters.com/stella4.html

I just got off the phone with MetroVespa in Vancouver and they received their shipment the other day. I put a deposit on one about a few weeks back and have been waiting on them to arrive in Vancouver.

I bounced between getting an older Vespa or getting a Stella and the Stella won out. I am pretty happy with the 4 stroke in my LX150, so I thought I would carry on with it (having a 4 stroke engine that is). Hopefully that won't come back to bite me in the...

Here's hoping the shipping to Calgary doesn't take as long. :D
Yarko

Post by Yarko »

Hope everything arrives when and as you expect it. My Sprint was delivered to me in the middle of a blizzard last winter, I was quite excited for not being able to ride it for another 6 months.
jaelee

Post by jaelee »

i actually want one of these 4stroke shifter scoots....i think it's a really good idea and congrats on the purchase
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

News travels. I heard about your purchase a few weeks back when I met up with Trevor in Colorado. They had one on display at Sportique scooters in Colorado springs, very nice. Good choice. Good to see some of us ( meaning You!) are smarter than the average bear! Congrates
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
bstanish

Post by bstanish »

Funny how news travels...

I wish I would have had a chance to at least see one before I put my money down on it, but from all the reviews I have been reading and comments on some of the forums, it seemed like a good choice. I hope I have it for the poker run...the way delivery delays have been I might be riding the LX150, not that that's a bad thing!
bstanish

Post by bstanish »

Yay!! my new Stella finally arrived today. Looks good but it's weird not hearing that two stroke sound coming out of it. It's more rumbly sounding than the LX 150.
Next stop, insurance and registration tomorrow.
david

Post by david »

You are a lucky man-nice scoot!!! See you at the Jaguar Rally?
Ska'D for Life
bstanish

Post by bstanish »

Wouldn't miss it. See you there.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Awesome. Congrates. looks great.
Cheers
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Wow, a brand new manual scoot. Congratulations.

Scootering liked them. Please post your impressions when you can.

The "blue" protective coating on the white walls washes off best with just dish soap and water.
pk50

Post by pk50 »

YES ! love the colour see you at the poker run. i cant wait to hear it .
bstanish

Post by bstanish »

Thanks for the tip about the wheels I'll be getting those clean as soon as I can manage to stop riding it. I'll post my first impressions at the same time :-D.
Looking forward to seeing you guys at the poker run.

Graham are you coming down for The Slackers?[/b]
pk50

Post by pk50 »

They play the pawn shop in town on the 16 th but we may come to the U of C show, it's on a saturday. do you know who is selling tickets ?
bstanish

Post by bstanish »

pk50 wrote:They play the pawn shop in town on the 16 th but we may come to the U of C show, it's on a saturday. do you know who is selling tickets ?
http://kiaimusic.com/ <--They have tickets, but when I went to the page and clicked the link to buy tickets it was just an email address :? Not sure where to get them other than at the door or from the University SU.

Tracey and I will be in Montreal on the 17th so we are going to the show on the 13th. Too bad we'll miss you guys if you come down.
bstanish

Post by bstanish »

So after having the Stella for a few days I have to say I am pretty happy with it. It's slower than my LX 150, it takes a little longer to get to the 70 km/h needed on some of the bigger roads, but you will get there.

It's seems like it has plenty of low end torque, my first evening with it I wheelied across a couple of intersection when I let go of the clutch a little to quickly...happily I was in a residential area so the only laughter came from Tracey and a couple of squirrels that were watching.

Shifting is nice and smooth though I do find myself between gears alot but that's more me than anything I am sure. The scoot itself handles really nice. It's balanced, makes nice tight little turns and has more than enough power for hills, actually it beats out my Vespa here from standing at the bottom of a hill to the top.

So far the only negatives have been a less than accurate fuel gauge, a small fuel tank (I'm filling up twice as often as I do my Vespa) and the fact that it has an annoying 'beeper' that sounds when ever you have the turn signal on. It's good in the sense that people notice you (it sounds like those backup warning beepers on trucks), and it reminds you to turn off your signal after your turn but when sitting at a long light waiting to turn it's a bit annoying.