CCSC workshop this Saturday

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

CCSC workshop this Saturday

Post by jbcollier »

I will be at Yarko's house this Saturday, Oct 22, to repair the wiring on his scoot. I'll be there from 10 A.M. to 3 P.M. Help and company would be welcome!

The address is 2412 - 117 St. If you haven't been there before, please google map it as it is a bit tricky the first time.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Sorry John can't make it this time...
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
david

Post by david »

I think I can make it, shall I bring a lift? Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not talking coffee and doughnuts :lol:
Ska'D for Life
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Thanks for the offer of a lift but I don't think it's necessary as we'll be mostly working "over" the scoot. It will be great having you there as we'll be pulling the new harness in and s few more than two hands will be helpful.
Taras

Post by Taras »

Count on me too... :)
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I'm pretty sure i can make it too!

No work this weekend... I think.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

how did things work out?
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I was a bit late, so i think most of the hard work was done before i got there. :wink:

but

The new harness is in. With some difficulty. Some fat bundled areas need to go through some smallish areas.

Then we had horn problems.

Eventually we figured out how to get the wires to the horn. Its much easier if the horn wires are pulled up all the way to the headset then dropped back down. (there must be some funky turn or corner back in there)

The new harness and the old stator wires aren't quite a perfect match. John is gonna re-wire it to get the extra circuit we need. I don't remember exactly the way it is, fuzzyly i remember the 2 coils being in a series only giving us one circuit for all the A/C grounding and because of this we cant run the brake lights with the running lights. At least that's how i think it transpired.