Post by jbcollier »

Woo Hoo!

Any photos?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Does it come with signal lights?
nick

Post by nick »

It does come with signals, however they are removed at the moment. He said that he has everything that was removed in bags, and he is going to put it all in the glovebox for me. This scoot in my opinion is in way better condition than the other one. Original paint. Seller changed gearbox oil regularly, ran Motul synthetic 2t oil. Of course, we won't know all till it is actually here. Pictures are not the best quality, but they are good enough.
Image Image
Image Image
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

WOW !

SWEET !!!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Looking good!

Congrates!

Nice find!
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
david

Post by david »

Well done Nick! I hope the transaction goes smoothly for you. Enjoy the trip down to Montana-don't forget to bring back some beer :D
Ska'D for Life
nick

Post by nick »

Thanks guys! Transaction is going good so far. I did some interwebs research on the seller before I did anything. Saw a few other people who've bought scooters off of him, and they had good things to say. I should have the title and bill of sale in my hands early next week.

Anyone know if this front end dive will be bad? I've heard mixed things. Some people say just to upgrade your spring and damper and it should help, others say that makes it really rough..
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

It won't be as good as P series, but try it first. You might find it's just fine.
nick

Post by nick »

I think it will be ok. My P lastic series Derbi has always been fairly rough riding. I'm not racing with it, so it's not a worry. Just got my tracking number for the title/bill of sale. :D
david

Post by david »

When is the scoot to arrive in Montana?
Ska'D for Life
nick

Post by nick »

Not sure yet, I think we missed HaulBikes being in his area for pickup. When I had talked to them though, they said that pickup happens usually within 10 days of the contract being sent in. Delivery they said should usually happen 15-20 days after that. Just gotta be patient I guess.
nick

Post by nick »

Latest update. I have the title and bill of sale. They all look good. Scooter was already picked up, and is now in Milwaukee waiting for a truck headed to the Montana area. Seller was SUPER helpful and awesome to deal with! Phoned Canadian Border Services today and spoke to an agent. Verified that the documentation I have is good and is all I need. Surprisingly they were really helpful! I've gotten printouts of similar aged and priced bikes for proof of fair market value. Now I just have to wait till it's delivered to figure out when I'm heading down. It's soo close now to being done!!!
david

Post by david »

And the timing couldn't be better; warm weather and dry streets are just around the corner. I'm excited for you Nick.
Ska'D for Life
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

It's the US border services you need to contact. You'll have to fax them a form and supporting documentation to them 72 hours before you intend to cross the border. Then you need to bring the originals to the border and submit them before crossing.

All the Canadian chaps care about is making sure they get the GST!
nick

Post by nick »

I'm all good for US Customs, I have everything they need. Just waiting for the 72h window, then I'll e-mail them the information. I contacted Canadian Customs because I wanted to verify one thing with my Bill of Sale that I wasn't sure about. They said it's all good. I'm just making sure I've got everything covered and in order so I'm not scrambling in 2-3 weeks.

Seller said that the shipper was super professional and a good outfit!