A small disaster a benefit to the club?

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

A small disaster a benefit to the club?

Post by jbcollier »

I decided to buy a PAv trailer for my 150 D. I looked around a bit and couldn't find any originals for sale so I ordered a re-pro out of Sweden because I didn't want to deal with the nasty Asian ones.

It all went very smoothly until the trailer arrived: it was a nasty Asian one sold out of Sweden! I got mad and raised Cain and convinced the seller to refund 40% of the purchase price.

I then went and found an original -- also in Sweden -- and ordered it. It arrived in great shape and that's the one I'm getting painted up for the Lammy.

However, that leaves me with one extra PAv clone trailer. The box itself isn't too bad, it's just the frame that's crap. I am willing to make up a new frame, swing arm, pivots and hub from scratch and donate it to the club if someone else will agree to finish and paint the trailer. That way we can carry supplies during our rally and not have to use cars/trucks instead of riding.

Sound OK?

Anyone interested in doing the body work and painting?
david

Post by david »

Hey John, I know a little something about working with steel, and may even be able to strike an arc on this little trailer. Let me know how I can help. Painting included.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I've done alot of prep work on my bikes before paint and would be willing to do my part. I might even be able to strike a deal on getting the paint on the body done professionally. I will ask.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
GDOUBLEU

Post by GDOUBLEU »

not to offer services without consultation, but ig has painted both of his bikes, my bike, my car and damian's bike. he's got a painting gun, and i'm sure he'd be happy to do it.

john...you're awesome...as always. :)
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Um... I can bring donuts for anyone doing anything... XD
All hail Emperor Kang!
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Um ... I can come take out of focus pictures.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I really think Shannon and I are the vital links in this project. I mean, everyone is important and all... But really.
All hail Emperor Kang!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I agree. After three boxes of doughnuts, split amongst four people, and forty fuzzy photos, who really cares what the dang thing looks like!

Seriously though, good company and witty commentary are worth their weight in gold. Mind, I haven't touched a doughnut since that fateful Sunday.