Lambretta Legshields

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

LibertineAudrey

Lambretta Legshields

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Just wondering if any of the gurus know off the top of their heads:

I'm needing to take the legshields off the lambretta, should I be able to pull them off without removing either the brake lever or the headset, or do I need to remove one or both as well?

Just wondering if there is some simple trick I'm missing...

Thanks millions!
All hail Emperor Kang!
jaelee

Post by jaelee »

yes you should be able too....but you have to take the horn cast off too and the front fender
LibertineAudrey

Ha ha, those parts are non existent, but there is a small clip attached to the legshields that lines up with the clips for where the horncast badge would sit that's attached to the frame. Neither set of clips is removable and I can't slide the leg shields high enough before they hit the headset or low enough before they hit the brake lever enough to pull the one set of clips past the other. I doubt that makes a lot of sense, but that's my current and most pressing issue XD
All hail Emperor Kang!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Remove the rear brake lever. Your going to have to do it anyways if your taking the bike apart and it will be much easier. The clip your talking about has some flexability so you can stretch it out a bit to clear the frame. This can all be done without removing the headset, but again if you are taking the bike apart anyways why make it hard on yourself so take it off as well..
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
LibertineAudrey

Sound advice, Angelo. Thanks very much, that's the route I'm going to take for those reasons exactly. I was only looking to do I quick and easy as removing the legshields suddenly became a time sensitive priority for me as I found a gent who is trading them for a good condition horncast and I would like to get that sorted soon. I guess I'll just have to make time today to do it all though! Thanks again :)
All hail Emperor Kang!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

LibertineAudrey wrote:Sound advice, Angelo. Thanks very much, that's the route I'm going to take for those reasons exactly. I was only looking to do I quick and easy as removing the legshields suddenly became a time sensitive priority for me as I found a gent who is trading them for a good condition horncast and I would like to get that sorted soon. I guess I'll just have to make time today to do it all though! Thanks again :)
Just remember when taking things apart. Lots of pictures if your not sure, lots of ziplock bags and get a note book because sometimes the pics will not explain how things go back together. Good luck.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-