More Hoo To Woo To

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

More Hoo To Woo To

Post by jbcollier »

The PAv 40 trailer is completely assembled now.

Whew!

I hooked it to my belt and walked in circles in the basement making engine noises with my lips. Not quite as good as it gets but it will have to do until spring.
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Pictures?! Sounds good!!
All hail Emperor Kang!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Sure beats 5 point turns on my drive way so that I could attack the street in front of my house head on!

Good job. I'm sure it looks the biz!
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I have started on the 150D now that the PAv is done.

Bare fork's back on as well as the spare tire holder, rear fender and butty box. Next have to pick up some bolts to attach the rear license plate holder and assemble the front suspension with no spring compressor! Unfortunately the later spring compressor won't work.

I am trying to get as much done as I can before the busy bicycle season starts.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Bolted the not-yet-finished engine in today. The only body work left to install is the legshield and tank. The tank goes on after the engine is complete -- only one engine parts order left to arrive -- and the legshield after I cable and wire it.

Umm, I am going to need some help as I am building it up in my basement and it will take a couple of burly men or women to get it up the stairs in the spring!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

jbcollier wrote:Bolted the not-yet-finished engine in today. The only body work left to install is the legshield and tank. The tank goes on after the engine is complete -- only one engine parts order left to arrive -- and the legshield after I cable and wire it.

Umm, I am going to need some help as I am building it up in my basement and it will take a couple of burly men or women to get it up the stairs in the spring!
wouldn't miss the oppurtunity!

- Dustin Kott-
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I'm not always too smart, but I can lift heavy things. Let me know if you need me!
All hail Emperor Kang!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Thanks you two, and, I am sure, others. We'll hold a heave-a-thon in the spring.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Hooked up the torsion bar so it now rolls. Time to start scratching my head over the exhaust.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Cable routing is almost complete. Boy, they sure don't give you any extra length with the gear cables. Looks aright mess with loose cables hanging all over the place. Straping and legshield next.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Waiting on longer screws for the legshield. Who knew the cross bars were supposed to be threaded? Longer screws seems the better option than 16 heli-coil inserts!

I am modifying the wiring to suit the Li electronic stator. Not too hard thankfully though it was a real pain pulling another wire through the sheathing. I'll mount the electronic boxes in the butty box.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

The cylinder head arrived today and it is going to take a bit of work to fit. Sigh, next time the easy way, please. However, it has a real combustion chamber with a squish band! It will be worth it in the end.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Wiring completed and, amazingly, it even works: lights, horn and heated seats all present and accounted for! It is quite satisfying to hook up a 12v battery and have everything work rather than burst into flames. I suppose that'll wait until when I am in the middle of nowhere someday.

It is mostly cabled, just the throttle cable to finish once the head is completed so the top end and carb can be fitted. I haven't decided whether to take the head to a machine shop or do it myself.

Legshield is on and secured. Turns out I didn't need the extra, extra long screws after all. Oh well, good stocks now on hand for someone else's restoration.

I had cooled a bit to the idea of riding it to Victoria but now I am back to thinking it would be a fun thing to do! Though maybe I should start with riding it to Calgary first and work my way up from there.

You can't say she's the most beautiful scooter ever but I am betting she's the most beautiful she's ever been before! Janet shakes her head and thinks I'm crazy.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

jbcollier wrote:Wiring completed and, amazingly, it even works: lights, horn and heated seats all present and accounted for! It is quite satisfying to hook up a 12v battery and have everything work rather than burst into flames. I suppose that'll wait until when I am in the middle of nowhere someday.

It is mostly cabled, just the throttle cable to finish once the head is completed so the top end and carb can be fitted. I haven't decided whether to take the head to a machine shop or do it myself.

Legshield is on and secured. Turns out I didn't need the extra, extra long screws after all. Oh well, good stocks now on hand for someone else's restoration.

I had cooled a bit to the idea of riding it to Victoria but now I am back to thinking it would be a fun thing to do! Though maybe I should start with riding it to Calgary first and work my way up from there.

You can't say she's the most beautiful scooter ever but I am betting she's the most beautiful she's ever been before! Janet shakes her head and thinks I'm crazy.
Did you say heated seats? Damn!

I like Calgary, but the other day I was thinking Jasper!

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Jasper, I like the sound of that. Good idea!