Club Workshop this Sunday, June 5

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Club Workshop this Sunday, June 5

Post by jbcollier »

Hi Everyone,

One last workshop before all heck breaks loose for me during Bike Month. Yarko will be bringing his 1968 Sprint to my workplace for a pre-OPI check over, fuel tap and a few other minor bits and bobs. We will start early at 9 am so there will be a good chance for a ride afterwards.

My workplace is located at 12116 - 121A Street and please use google maps (map quest gets it wrong) if you haven't been there before as it is a bit tricky to find the first time.

I have six Chinotto already on hand.

Cheers,

John
DaelimRacer

Post by DaelimRacer »

Hi i just joined the club. What exactly takes place at your workshops? I am currently doing some modifications to my scooter. As well I would always welcome the opportunity to learn more about the mechanics of my scooter.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

We get together and work on member's scoots. Engine overhauls to cable adjustments with a varying sized crowd lending a hand. Come on out and join us.
DaelimRacer

Post by DaelimRacer »

I will totally come. I got some parts I need to install actually and could use some help. Specifically, new clutch and new belt and might adjust the rollers as well.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

What scoot is it? Do you have a manual?

Our first priority will be Yarko's bike.
DaelimRacer

Post by DaelimRacer »

Scooter is a daelim cordi which is identical to the honda dio.

It is a korean scooter. I lived there for a year and had a similar one there and so bought one when I got back.

I have the full repair manual for the scooter as well as the haynes manual.

I think changing the clutch wont be so hard with the proper tools. We almost did it last time but we were lacking the right wrench.

Changing the belt should be easy and rejetting and tuning is just a process.

Just need to get some jets.
DaelimRacer

Post by DaelimRacer »

Will be good to come by to check out the place regardless.
DaelimRacer

Post by DaelimRacer »

what time will you be doing the workshop until?
Yarko

Post by Yarko »

It was nice to meet everyone today and thanks for helping me with my Sprint. Gonna go set up that inspection and order that head shroud and bench seat.
DaelimRacer

Post by DaelimRacer »

what time did you guys head out at? i had to help my cousin move some stuff this morning and so was not able to come by until 1:00 sadly.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I think the trailing end of 4 awesome fella's left the shop shortly after noon and headed over to Tra Amici for some grub and coffee.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Yarko wrote:It was nice to meet everyone today and thanks for helping me with my Sprint. Gonna go set up that inspection and order that head shroud and bench seat.
good to meet you as well. you have a very nice scooter, looking forward to seeing it on the road again...

Cheers
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Yarko wrote:It was nice to meet everyone today and thanks for helping me with my Sprint. Gonna go set up that inspection and order that head shroud and bench seat.
In the end I'm sure you will be happier with the bench seat anyways and it looks the biz...

Image[/url]
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Yarko

Post by Yarko »

Angelo wrote: In the end I'm sure you will be happier with the bench seat anyways and it looks the biz...

Image[/url]
That does look quite class but is it just me or does that seat have a cover on that's making it a bit misshapen? I can almost see the outline of the strap. Anyway, this is the helmet I've been looking to get for quite a while.

But they're a bit difficult to procure here for legal reasons. Apparently a helmet with a microphone is a weapon.