Our first run together

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Our first run together

Post by jbcollier »

I once dated a blond bomb-shell who was also a water skiing champion, I kid you not. Really nice girl, pleasant, etc, but... but... well, there just wasn't much going on up stairs. She wasn't dumb or even close but, I don't know, girls like that get used to getting what they want by stunning people with their looks and don't really work on other things. Things that make one not just fun and pleasant to be around but delightful for instance.

Now what the heck was I talking about! Can't really remember. Man, she was good looking.

Oh yeah, the 90ss.

It's a good looking scoot. I can sit in the garage and just stare at it and not notice time passing. I have wanted one ever since I first saw a photo. Frankly, I was scared to ride it. Not because it might get damaged. But, because, it might be another blond bomb-shell. What if looks were all she had?

I settled into my first ride, passed the OPI with flying colours BTW, not going to set any speed records that's for sure. Still there's a nice bottom end kick and a top end hit. Strangely, it seems faster than my 100 Sport when it was stock, probably the four speed box. (Note to Graham, your PK definitely has the wrong primary gear set) Handlebars are ever so slightly tweaked a bit far forward but not too bad. The narrow bars don't make it twitchy at all. As a matter of fact, they settle the natural, short wheel base, smallframe liveliness down. Nice -- note to get a set of SS bars for Crushed. Regular bars are OK up to say 60 or 70 kph, not so great for strafing Groat Road at 90+.

Wow, I love riding this scoot. She's a bomb-shell and kick-ass fun to be with.
My goodness I am the luckiest, broke b@st@rd I know!

Long story to say my nickname for the 90ss is the Joual slang for girlfriend, "Ma Blonde". The "de" is not pronounced and the "n" is only hinted at. I learned that, and a few choice Quebecios swear words from a former girlfriend who... but that is a story for another day.
Yarko

Post by Yarko »

Fantastic news that you are enjoying it as much as you are. Glad to hear it isn't a case of, as Top Gear puts it, "don't meet your heroes".
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I knew you were smitten along time ago.....very cool that you took your blonde for a ride today.....wait a minute that doesn't sound so good....delete delete delete
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
david

Post by david »

Wow, good looking and fit; you're lucky to have her-the small frame. Um...I mean, the SS90. Very cool John.
Ska'D for Life
bstanish

Post by bstanish »

Glad to hear it's all you hoped it would be!