Canyon dancers/straps

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

LibertineAudrey

Canyon dancers/straps

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Does anyone know where I can get a set locally???

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Not for Lambrettas!

Argyll Motorsports is where I bought mine. They might be a knock-off though. You can also order them online from places like:

http://www.whitehorsegear.com/canyon-dancer-bar-harness

http://www.whitehorsegear.com/canyon-da ... harness-ii

I think mine are the 2s.
nick

Post by nick »

For Vespa headsets what is your opinion of those straps? I've read conflicting reports online. Some people swear by them, others not because they've seen snapped headsets.. We're just trying to get our rigging figured out for the trip to Jasper, and other rallies.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

nick wrote:For Vespa headsets what is your opinion of those straps? I've read conflicting reports online. Some people swear by them, others not because they've seen snapped headsets.. We're just trying to get our rigging figured out for the trip to Jasper, and other rallies.
I hate them. I prefer the 1 1/2 extensions that are attached to this link. You can get them with or without padding. Gives you lots of adjustability and easy to use. Then you attach your tie down to these and away you go!

http://lockitt.com/AccessTieDown1.htm#extension
Last edited by Angelo on Wed May 30, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Yeah Angelo? Like any of your bikes have been exposed to the elements on the back of a truck or in a trailer after you fix them up. They ride in luxury in the back seat of a honda or an acura if memory serves me correctly. :twisted:

Back on topic though. I use standard tie downs. Lightish on the front, heavy on the bbq rack on the back on the P.
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Like I say, I wouldn't use them on a Lambretta. As Trevor says, only lightly secured even on a Vespa.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:Yeah Angelo? Like any of your bikes have been exposed to the elements on the back of a truck or in a trailer after you fix them up. They ride in luxury in the back seat of a honda or an acura if memory serves me correctly. :twisted:

Back on topic though. I use standard tie downs. Lightish on the front, heavy on the bbq rack on the back on the P.
I have evolved! I bought a trailer just like yours.....you left a lasting impression!

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Angelo wrote:I have evolved! I bought a trailer just like yours.....you left a lasting impression!
Oh yeah. Forgot about that. How do you like it?
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:
Angelo wrote:I have evolved! I bought a trailer just like yours.....you left a lasting impression!
Oh yeah. Forgot about that. How do you like it?
love it! Its kind of lite with one scoot only so I carry extra weight alla sidewalk blocks but with 2 scoots it rides like a dream. I set it up with a lock box which is very great for extra storage...

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

For us trailer rubes, what should we show up with to facilitate happy transport? Where best to get? Don't suspect my extensive collection of bungee cords will quite do it...
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

redbike wrote:For us trailer rubes, what should we show up with to facilitate happy transport? Where best to get? Don't suspect my extensive collection of bungee cords will quite do it...
First you need to buy a diesel pusher...

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Normal tie downs with the soft, double-loop straps that Angelo linked to work well. I ,like ratcheting as they lock but do not over tighten!
redbike

Post by redbike »

I picked up what I trust will work today at Argyll. The only stock out on the shelf were 1" though.