Tire Tubes

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

nick

Tire Tubes

Post by nick »

Hey all! So I had a nail in my front tire which was the cause of my slow leak. I got two new tubes from Alberta Cycle last week. Just tried to install one tonight. Slight problem.. So either I'm just missing something, or else they sold me the wrong tube. It is the right size, but the valve stem doesn't seem to come up enough before it bends to the 90. This is preventing me from getting the valve stem all the way through the hole in the rim and over the lip of the rim. Any ideas? If it's the wrong tube, does anyone know of a local source of proper ones?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Michelin tubes work perfectly but you have to order them in. The tube you have will still work though it makes it more awkward to install and work with afterwards.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

You can order them Through Riverside in St. Albert. If you order today You might have them by Monday.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I did some quick math and holy crap! I have too many tires! then I realized not having some spare tubes in my garage is a mistake. I ordered 3 Nick, your welcome to one when they get in if you are willing to wait, because the best case senario for arrival is tuesday!

I have an off label tube in my garage as well that you are welcome too, but I run Michelin's on my scooters.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
nick

Post by nick »

Oh that would be great Angelo! I'll take you up on that offer. Let me know what they come to and we can square up in Jasper. I put the spare on, and Audrey has a good spare. So knock on wood we're good for the time being.

This was the cause of the flat
and this is the wrong tube...
jaelee

Post by jaelee »

i may have a spare tube
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

The wrong tube will work until you can get the michelins.