Serveta Engine Workshop Sunday Sept 9

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Serveta Engine Workshop Sunday Sept 9

Post by jbcollier »

Hi Everyone,

We will be changing the crank seals and bearings in John's Serveta Jet 200 this Sunday at my work place. It will be a fair amount of work so let's start early, say 8 A.M. (yikes!). My work place is located at 12116 - 121A St. If you have never been there, please google map the address as it is a bit tricky to find the first time.

I will also have a smallframe engine to strip for a scooterist new to Edmonton, Rebecca. Her big end let go and pieces made their way into the combustion chamber, not a sight for the faint of heart. I need to make up a parts list for her to order. I'll bring all the tools but I would appreciate it if someone else could strip the engine while I am working on the Serveta.

Many hands make light work.

Any chance of someone bringing a lift to ease the work on John's scoot?

Cheers
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Do you think that 2 sawhorses and 2 lengths of 2 x 12 lumber would be better? easy for us to lift up too and alot easier to handle. I have these supplies
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Sounds good to me though it means you'll not be able to ride...
redbike

Post by redbike »

Angelo wrote:Do you think that 2 sawhorses and 2 lengths of 2 x 12 lumber would be better? easy for us to lift up too and alot easier to handle. I have these supplies
Angelo, if you remember, can yo bring the spare brake switch we spoke about to see if it works. Cheers.

I am extending an invitation to any and all to come over to our place following the magnum opus to have some burgers on the grill. We can tell lies about how fast our 2-strokes go...
david

Post by david »

Shall I bring my lift?
Ska'D for Life
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Thanks David,

I think the saw horses and planks will work fine and be easier to transport.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Thanks David,

I think the saw horses and planks will work fine and be easier to transport.
david

Post by david »

It's really no trouble, I would be happy to bring it if you think the lift would be better.
Ska'D for Life
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Wood is light, lift is heavy. If Angelo is still willing, let's go with the wood.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I think I live the closest to your shop John so it would be a short ride anyway, i will bring the saw horses. I checked and i have the planks.
I really don't need the planks so we can leave them at the shop for future shops if you like, i will just need the sawhorses.

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Thanks!

PS: Going by my experience, you'll then need the planks either Sunday evening or Monday morning...
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Thanks Everyone!

Things went quite smoothly with everyone lending a hand.

Next weekend we ride!
redbike

Post by redbike »

As the lucky recipient of everyone's labour, I am greatful for the help. It goes without saying that I couldn't have done any of it without help. Thanks! I will consult with the carbon-based spousal equivalent on dates for a bun toss here.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

redbike wrote:As the lucky recipient of everyone's labour, I am greatful for the help. It goes without saying that I couldn't have done any of it without help. Thanks! I will consult with the carbon-based spousal equivalent on dates for a bun toss here.
I'm just happy to hear that you got home!

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

Got home just fine; the fact that it won't start now is only a minor fly in the ointment!!