Workshop Sunday March 1

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Workshop Sunday March 1

Post by jbcollier »

There will be a club workshop on Sunday March 1, 9 a.m. at my work (12116 - 121a St, tricky to find first time, please google-map). Shannon will be bringing her smallframe engine for cleaning and possibly partial reassembly. Other work welcome but let me know in this thread.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

John
pk50

Post by pk50 »

Hi John can I bring the butter chicken down to check the timing and the electrical?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Absolutely!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

That was GREAT !!

Thanks everyone.

I was nice to meet Savannah (sp?) and have her helping out cleaning Shannon's engine parts. Good work so far on raising her Ryan.

Speaking of Shannon's engine, we got it all cleaned up and cases buttoned together. Most of the work is done now and we'll just need one short day to finish it off. Maybe with a long day, and enough hands, we could get it back in place and running!

Graham brought his series 2 by for a timing check and first start. Ran fairly well though it seemed as though it had a plugged idle jet or duff carb. Looking very sweet and I'm looking forward to seeing it running on the road this spring.

David worked away on cleaning up his Lammy engine. Heck, with a little luck, that may soon be up and running as well.

Lastly, Angelo and John kindly wrapped my newly fabricated rear exhaust section for the Europa. I bolted it into place when I got home. Looks great:

http://s250.photobucket.com/user/jbcoll ... sort=3&o=0
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

The exhuast looks great John!

Thanks again for putting the engine back together, answering my never ending questiosn and the loner of the the small frame book John. It is nice to be able to look at the pictures and know what some of the things are that they are talking about.

Thanks Ryan and Savannah for helping to clean the engine bits and bobs. It looks amazing. Ryan let me know if you would like the link to the company that deals in Derbi parts and body parts.

It was great to see everyone and catch up on stuff.

Kevin ... are you sure the 7mm nut didn't end up in your pocket the same way some of my new engine pieces did? :lol:

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Alright, you can have the nut back.

But, nothing else OK.
rbielby

Thanks-means a lot

Post by rbielby »

Thanks for the kid words John and Shannon. On a day like today made a big difference! Was great hanging out as short as it was, my kid loved it. Hopefully will see her on two wheels one day. Shannon-I would love to get that dealer info.

Cheers!
rbielby

Post by rbielby »

*kind words*
david

Post by david »

Now that my engine cases are nice and clean from the bath in solvent.
Is there any special treatment that is required prior to spray painting them with Alumi Blast?
Ska'D for Life
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Wipe them down with a volotile degreaser like paint thinner, gun wash, brake clean or acetone. Don't paint inside the cases, just the exterior. Let them air dry in a warm place. You can handle them after an hour or so but better if you wait a week before reassembly.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Ryan,

Not being kind at all, just truthful. BTW, you can edit your own posts. Just click the edit button.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Hi Ryan,

Here is the link to where I get my Derbi specific parts i.e body parts, etc.

http://www.oemmotorparts.eu/default.asp

They are really easy to deal with and parts arrive relatively fast considering they are in the Netherlands.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
rbielby

Post by rbielby »

Thanks! Got her up and going just fine last week, no battery issues yet and started right away-will see how long it goes before she dies.