Rallys and dates?

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

LibertineAudrey

Rallys and dates?

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Does anyone know the tentative dates for the Calgary and Kelowna rallies? Or...even more specifically...are there any rallies happening between July 18-31st that club is going to? I need to know asap as my Dad needs to book his holidays.

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I borrowed this from the GVVR forum. They only have Calgary penciled in as a maybe. Maybe Shannon can find out if it is a go this year? I think it is. I saw a posting on Scoot.net a few weeks ago that showed a potential Calgary rally poster. I think it was named " spockapocalypse 2008) and was star trek themed.....I know they like to take there time planning the rallies and that's cool, but I agree it would be nice to have a date. I personally have to book my holidays over the next 2 weeks, and then I won't be able to change them...

Below you find some Rally Dates for the North West for 2008.

Please note that at this points some rally dates have not yet been confirmed and published and I have noted those with '??'.

This is not an attempt to provide a complete list and if you know of other scooter rallies (in the region), please feel free to post it.

Feb 15 - Feb 18 - Las Vegas, NV: High Rollers Weekend 2008

Apr 04 - Apr 06 - Portland, OR: Spring Scoot 14

May 02 - May 04 - Eugene, OR: May Day 4

May 16 - May 19 - Victoria: Capital City Scooter Rally

Jun 13 - Jun 15 - Vancouver, Washington: Skoot or Die 2 (Lambretta Rally: All Welcome)

Jun 20 - Jun 22 - Edmonton: Crude City SC "The Eight Ball Rally"

Jun 28 - Jun 29 - GVRD (TBD): GVVR Rally in the Valley

Jul 04 - Jul 06 - Seattle, WA: Scooter Insanity 21

Jul 11 - Jul 13 - Kelowna: 3rd Annual Scooter Rally

Jul 24 - Jul 27 - Chattanooga, TN: Amerivespa 2008

?? Jul 25 - Jul 27 - Bellingham, WA: Hamster Run 3

?? Aug 01 - Aug 04 - Calgary: 3rd Annual Apocalypse SC Rally

Aug 01 - Aug 03 - Salem, OR: Oregon Scooter Raid 6

Aug 29 - Sep 01 - Vancouver: Vancouver Scooter Rally

Sep 04 - Sep 13 - Cannonball 2008: San Francisco, CA to Rehoboth Beach, DE

?? Sep - Tri-Cities, WA: Bacchus Raucous VI

?? Sep / Oct - Seattle, WA: Festering OktoberScoot 17
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I know there has been discussion for Kelowna's rally but the dates are still up in the air. (There is a rumor and only a rumor ... I'm not even sure how I heard this or if it is my own wishful thinking, so take it as a grain of salt, but I think that Kelowna was interested in the August long weekend if Calgary was not having a rally.) As for Calgary .... it's been quite on their boards and I haven't heard anything as of yet, but they usually have their rally on the August long weekend. So book off the August long weekend as there will definitly be a rally in either Kelowna or Calgary for those dates.

Maybe Torrie could shed some light on the Kelowna rally as I know she frequents our boards.

Sorry I don't have more information ... not everyone is as much of a keener about rally planning as we are. :twisted:

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Thanks Shannon and Angelo...that list helps a lot. It looks like the only one that would conflict with me is Amerivespa. I know there was some talk, mostly from calgary, about going...but I don't think I can justify making it out that far and still go to the other more regional rallys anyways.

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
teenytinytorrie

Post by teenytinytorrie »

In Kelowna we have NEVER said we were taking Calgarys rally date that is a rally no no,,,we are going to be going back to our origionally (first years) date or the weekend close to it, last year we moved it only because of amerivespa... i will talk to kev and give you a date this week
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

There you go ... the Kelwona rumor WAS just my wishful thinking. I've got to stop doing that. :roll:

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
nocattle

Post by nocattle »

Yeah, we're having a meeting Monday. We have taken the August long weekend both years. Just because you guys have already gone and planned your rally already, doesn't mean we're not planning to have one, it just means we havn't planned one yet. Edmonton should know that some great rally's didn't have much prep time but succeeded anyway.
giddyup
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

nocattle wrote:Yeah, we're having a meeting Monday. We have taken the August long weekend both years. Just because you guys have already gone and planned your rally already, doesn't mean we're not planning to have one, it just means we havn't planned one yet. Edmonton should know that some great rally's didn't have much prep time but succeeded anyway.
Sure I understand that there are different attitudes and approaches to planning of any event. Don't take this the wrong way, but people want to know so they can book time off and attend rallies and make them all a success.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
noel

Post by noel »

Aug1-4.
Calgary.
Scooters, Beer, Fireworks, Beer, Music, Beer, Rides, Beer, did i mention fireworks and beer.
All other details will be pulled out of Shannons arse shortly :wink:
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Hey I resemble that remark!! :lol:

Shannon
nocattle

Post by nocattle »

Fireworks, beer and blue mondays. Some scooter riding as well.
giddyup