Damn. it's close(ish)

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Damn. it's close(ish)

Post by jbcollier »

+8°C, practically bare roads, a few tons of gravel and only a few sheltered spots of instant death inducing black ice.

Sigh, but not quite there yet :-(
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Yeah...I've been tempted, but it doesn't feel quite ready. :\

(I won't be the one to mention that it's supposed to snow by Wednesday, either. oops...apparently I will.)
All hail Emperor Kang!
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Don't want to brag....+16 here yesterday afternoon. I wore shorts and a t-shirt.
redbike

Post by redbike »

Couldn't wait any longer so went out for a blast today. Have to get it over for service tomorrow anyways, so my rationalization was "better make sure it will start". Bodes well for the season to be riding by the end of February!! Safe riding to all.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I started up the BMW rig today as well.
redbike

Post by redbike »

jbcollier wrote:I started up the BMW rig today as well.
Ha. When I went past your place, I had half a mind to pull in and see what you were up to. After all, it was your initial post! Do you still want that bad horn?
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Sure, though if I fix it, you'll have to take it back!
redbike

Post by redbike »

How about if you fix it, you keep it for one of your own projects. I have two of them nib - one to go as a replacement on the wee with a special wiring harness I got for it, and the other to be put in the left legshield of the Vespa. How about if you don't fix it, I'll take it back to dispose of it in a suitable fashion!!
Johnny Redbike.

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

"John Redbike"....pause for effect, maybe take a drag off a cigarette..."Heard you were dead."

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Rumors of his demise were greatly exaggerated.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

If I can fix it, I'll wire it up into a sort of hand grenade. Pull the pin and toss it into the back seat of the jerk who just cut me off. :-)
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

*sigh* You got to ride today? We still have tons of snow in the Armpit. :cry: I'm so jealous!

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
redbike

Post by redbike »

Sowelu wrote:*sigh* You got to ride today? We still have tons of snow in the Armpit. :cry: I'm so jealous!

Shannon
Yup; got to ride a bunch more today too! Took the scoot over to the stealership and got all my fluids flushed and changed (ahh, now that feels better), and had Chris stick in one of the horns. Friggin' loud Billy. Had the VStrom out for awhile today too. Have you thought about trading sexual favours for an EPS contract? Just a thought. All our snow is gone excepting some ice lingering in back alleys.

In any event, I'm not dead, just moving rather slowly. Just got back from two weeks in Mexico where Italjets are now all the rage. The roads were black with them. virtually no real motorbikes to be seen but scoots-a-go-go. Silly feckers ride without helmets too, for the most part.

Am now the loudest GTS in christendom. Don't cut me off!
Johnny Redbike.

Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

redbike wrote: Have you thought about trading sexual favours for an EPS contract? Just a thought.
The thought has crossed my mind .... :twisted:

My school is trying to bribe me into not applying by giving me a smart board to go with the nice laptop they gave me last year.

Now if they gave me a new scoot I might consider not applying. :twisted:

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I'd like to argue that I might have the loudest GTS...Just not in that audible sort of way. :twisted:

Good to see you back, John.
All hail Emperor Kang!